Background Image Problem

Sorry to keep bothering you guys but I create new pages leaving the Spirit Theme home page as it came with the theme.

No matter what I do I can't get the home page background image to appear above the navigation menu on any of the newly created pages..

This is for dcspecialevents.net using Upfront/Spirit

• Nithin

Hi Dave,

Hope you are doing good today. -)

No matter what I do I can't get the home page background image to appear above the navigation menu on any of the newly created pages..

I'm afraid, there is a bug regarding this which prevents the changes made in the header, or menu to appear globally. The developers, are aware of this, and it will be corrected in the latest version of Upfront. But unfortunately, I don't have an exact ETA on when the fix will be issue, will defiantly keep you updated once a patch has been issued regarding this.

Current workaround would be to add/make these changes for each page.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Dave

Current workaround would be to add/make these changes for each page.

I assume you mean make all pages similar to the one i am speaking of. If so that won't be a problem i don't think since they all by default add the background image below the nav bar.

However, the home page is currently the only one with the image above the nav bar. How do I make the change to that page? DO i delete the background image and resintert it below the nav bar?

• Dave

I did just that but now the whole things looks horrible.

On my mobile phone i see the background image background below the menu but it's only part of the image showing and all the elements are now out of order. The footer and newletter is below the background image instead of below the page content.

I also see the background image in my pc browsers but only at about half size.

And in Internet Explorer I don't see the menu only the icon you click on to get a drop down menu like I see it on my mobile phone. Not what I want. Instead it should be the FULL menu like it normally was with full background image below the menu.

So to be clear, I want things back the way they were before this background change and with the FULL background image on the home page below the menu.

I also want to keep the background image showing on my phone and on the pc as well. Need to see everything the same on mobile and pc.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Dave,

On my mobile phone i see the background image background below the menu but it's only part of the image showing and all the elements are now out of order. The footer and newletter is below the background image instead of below the page content.

Please edit your site in responsive mode and change order of the elements in mobile view

In responsive mode you can adjust how your site should look like on mobile devices (tablets and phones).

I also see the background image in my pc browsers but only at about half size.

From what I see this is because your region is smaller size - change it height and it will reveal more of the background image.

And in Internet Explorer I don't see the menu only the icon you click on to get a drop down menu like I see it on my mobile phone.

Can you tell me what IE version on what Windows system you see this issue?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.