Backing up al multi-sites

Hi there! I Installed the Snapshot Pro plugin succesfully. I'm confused about the following:

- The plugin uses terms as Snapshot and Backup. In my opinion this is not the same, but I can't find a good documentation which explains the difference. Anyone who knows the difference in this plugin?

- I want to set up a multi-site network. The plugin claims it works great with multisites and backing up won't be an issue. However, I can't find where I can make backups / snapchots for each
individual multisite. It is possible to make a snapchot manually for a specific multi site. And it is possible to make a backup of the entire network. But I want snapchots for all sites in the netwerk, so I can easily restore a snapchot of a specific site in the network. Do you get my point? How can I set this up?

Thanks a lot!

• Luís

Hi Raf ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your questions:

- The plugin uses terms as Snapshot and Backup. In my opinion this is not the same, but I can't find a good documentation which explains the difference.

I think it could be considered the same thing. The Snapshot contains all the settings you defined, database only, files included, etc. And it generates a backup file.

- I want to set up a multi-site network. The plugin claims it works great with multisites and backing up won't be an issue. However, I can't find where I can make backups / snapchots for each
    individual multisite.

1) Go to network admin -> Snapshot -> Add New;

2) In the top of this page you find the field "Blog to backup". By default it's selected your main domain, however, you can click in the "Change" button and it will be displayed a field to change for a subsite. You can add the site prefix "site1" or the blog ID "22", as an example:

Then, simply click in the lookup to change for your subsite.

Using this option you are able to save the backup in your local server or send it to an external destination using FTP or for other services like Dropbox, Google Drive or Amazon S3.

To restore the Snapshot, go the Snapshots list (Snapshot -> All Snapshots) and hovering over the snapshot, click in "restore".

And it is possible to make a backup of the entire network. But I want snapchots for all sites in the netwerk, so I can easily restore a snapchot of a specific site in the network. Do you get my point? How can I set this up?

Snapshot backups and restore each site individually, not the entire network.

However, it was release a new service/feature to Snapshot called Managed Backups, that allows you to backup using the WPMUDEV Cloud. Only in this option it takes a snapshot of the whole network.

I think this article may interest you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/introducing-managed-wordpress-cloud-backups-for-free/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.