Backup and restore with Snapshot

Hello,

OK I love the way that this exists:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Could I ask you, it seems that I can backup to both Dropbox as well as FTP ... my question relates to FTP ... does that mean I can copy a backup of the site to my computer?

Does it copy absolutely everything needed to be able to restore an entire site back to a certain version with a single click i.e. single click restoration?

If I have Dreamweaver, am I able to make a backup this way or do you know if that would leave out certain aspects of the site for example the Wordpress database (if applicable). Not sure how a restore could work this way either I guess I would need to re-upload the site after manually deleting it, sounds messy?

Is Snapshot free with my membership?

Kind regards,
Mike

• Sajid

Hi Mike! Hope you are doing good today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

Could I ask you, it seems that I can backup to both Dropbox as well as FTP ... my question relates to FTP ... does that mean I can copy a backup of the site to my computer?

No! You can not save the backup on your local computer if you select FTP. By default snapshot will store all backups on same server where your WordPress is installed. But in same cases for the sake of security you do not want to store your backups on same server and instead use a remote server that can be connect and accessed by using SFTP/FTP credentials (in your case). Since your computer is not accessible remotely then you can not automatically store backup on your local computer or restore them with one click.

Does it copy absolutely everything needed to be able to restore an entire site back to a certain version with a single click i.e. single click restoration?

It depends upon your selection settings, for example you can select what files to and what database tables you want to include in snapshot/backup. Yes you can take a full backup of every thing including files/images/docs and everything in your database.

See Starting A Snapshot section on our usage guide page.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/#product-usage

If I have Dreamweaver, am I able to make a backup this way or do you know if that would leave out certain aspects of the site for example the Wordpress database (if applicable). Not sure how a restore could work this way either I guess I would need to re-upload the site after manually deleting it, sounds messy?

I am afraid you can not take backup via Dreamweaver. But you yes you can always download snapshots/backup files and store them on your local computer. When you want to restore a snapshot then simply upload the backup file to backup folder, scan folder (if not exists) and run restore with one click :slight_smile:

Is Snapshot free with my membership?

Yes you have full access to all our plugins. Please go ahead and download it :slight_smile:

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.