Backup Connection Time Out.

There is an error on generating a backup on my site. It says connection time out. Please check and help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Amit

I hope you’re well today!

I checked the site and found out that regardless of the snapshot configuration (what’s included/excluded from it) it always breaks at files, in two specific “locations”.

First one is the “/uploads/2016/02” folder. I checked it and in this folder there are some files that seem to have “broken” file names. I believe the filenames had some “special characters” used but even cPanel – if you look inside that folder – doesn’t display these names properly. That seems to be what’s “breaking” backup at that folder and if this folder is excluded – the process goes further.

If this folder isn’t excluded – process always break at it. If it’s excluded, process goes fine past it but then breaks again always at either /uploads/2019/05 or /uploads/2019/06 (most often) or /uploads/2019/07 folder. This would mean that in these folders there are also some files that are corrupted in some way or that’s where the server’s “I/O” limit cannot be pushed any further and server denies further requests (that can e.g. be caused by the overall number of files).

Still, this all seems to come down to these two specific “locations” and other than these – backup is working. If you look at “Snapshot Pro -> Snapshots” page in your site’s back-end, you’ll notice that during testing I’ve created multiple “smaller” backups that worked fine and only the “media” one and the “full” one are not complete.

That being said, I’ve asked our developers for help so they could check if there’s any way past these two problems that I described above.

I’m awaiting their response but please note that it might take a bit longer than it takes us here on forum to respond as they are dealing with a lot of complex tasks on daily basis. Please keep an eye on this ticket and we’ll update you here as soon as we find out more.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hello Amit ,

I have checked your site. I think the issue related to resources. I followed this guide to save the requests on the backup process:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/snapshot-pro-managed-backup-not-completing#post-1410808

I installed the MU plugin as a new plugin, also added these configs in the wp-config.php file:

define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');//ziparchive | pclzip
    define('SNAPSHOT_MANUAL_SYNC_UPLOAD_BEFORE', date('Y') );
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLES_CHUNK_SIZE', 3);
    define('SNAPSHOT_RECURRENCE_SYNC_TABLES', 'snapshot-weekly');

And followed the guide to manual sync all plugins. After that, Snapshot working fine on Managed Backup (scheduled) but on ajax sometime it’s not working.

Kind Regards,
    Tho Bui

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.