Backup doesn't work, not local, not remote managed

Hi,

Since a couple of weeks the snapshot plugin stopped working properly.
At first the daily snapshot I setup for local backups stopped working. It doesn't work even if I start the backup job manually.
Then since the 9th the managed backup to the WPMU dev servers stopped too.

Please, can you help?
I already granted wmpudev dashboard access linking to this thread.

Thank you so much in advance for this help.

Dimitris

Hello Manohar,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us!

At first the daily snapshot I setup for local backups stopped working. It doesn't work even if I start the backup job manually.

It's true that I can't see any previous snapshots, just like I can see previous managed backups.
    Did you perform any change in your website at around March 9th? Please advise!

Also, I find it a bit excessive to have two daily snapshots, one local and one in the cloud, but that's your call of course. My main concern is server resources but you may track this better, if it isn't any issue for you.

Could you please access your server via FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to re-run your snapshot but before doing so, please temporarily disable managed backups so we can have clearer logs.

After the snapshot procedure, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.
    If filesize of text file is larger than the 5MB limit of our forums, please use a service like Dropbox and post the shareable link instead.

Also, please inform us about any messages on screen during backup procedure.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Manohar

Hi Dimitris,

Thank you for the suggestions.

The website is in full development. There were many changes in the last weeks. I can't tell what exactly what changes happened on the 9th.

I did what you asked about the debugging, the only message I received on the dashboard was "Item scheduled to run", then nothing happened. The backup was never created.

I've attached the log file.

I hope this is useful, thank you for the help,

Manohar

Dimitris

Hey there Manohar,

hope you're doing good today!

I reviewed the debug file but there is nothing relevant in there. As this is a website in construction, and I presume this is a shared hosting environment (?), you can try to deactivate all caching and optimization plugins like W3 Total Cache and HummingBird (you can set these up when you're in a "production-ready" state) and maybe lighten up your snapshots.
    I wonder if this is a matter of resources, despite the fact that I've run snapshots in shared environments.
    You can try to exclude theme and plugins folders, or uploads folder and try to create it once more.
    Let me know if that makes any difference at all.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris