Backup Error

I have a weekly scheduled backup of our website; however, I've noticed that the backups are not happening due to an error. I couldn't find an explanation to the error. Could you provide me the details of what I need to fix in order for the back up to occur?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely
Kara Hampton

• Huberson
    • Recruit

Hello Kara
    There are some options related to common backup errors that you can check see if that solves the issue:
    - Make sure that your available PHP memory for the site is at least 128MB(Can be verified/set from hosting panel PHP settings).

- PHP max_execution_time is set to 180 or greater. You can follow this guide to change that option - How to increase maximum execution time, or alternatively reach hosting to make the change for you.

- And increase your WordPress memory limit by adding the following line to wp-config.php file(under your site root directory) :
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
    Make sure the line is added before that comment: /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If none of the above is related to your backup error, we'll need to have a look at the site there to take care of the issue.
    You can enable support access to the site . And provide us with more details on the noticed errors so can take a look at that.

Regards,
    Huberson

• Kara
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Am I able to receive help implementing the changes listed above? I am not a developer/designer and learning as I go. I am unsure where exactly I need to perform the suggested ways to fix the back up problem.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Kara

How are you today?

Wouldn't you mind, please, forward some credentials, and I can help you with this?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:

Subject: "Attn: Patrick Freitas"

- Site login URL:

- WordPress admin username:
    - WordPress admin password:

- FTP/SFTP credentials

Host:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:

- cPanel credentials

Host:
    Username:
    Password:

- Folder path to the site in question:

- Link back to this thread for reference

- Any other relevant URLs/info:

Please, reply to the ticket once you have sent the information.
    Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

• Kara
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I apologize, as this had fallen off of my radar due to other items. I would like to pick up where we left off. I am working on getting the following information that was requested: Could you provide full url to your host (or FTP host). Jasmo is not enough.

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Kara

How are you today?

Thank you for the credentials, and sorry for the delay here.

Your PHP memory and max execution are fine, I can see you have some non WordPress files and folder inside public_html and wp, I added those as exclusion at Snapshot > Settings >Global File Exclusions, so the plugin could start the backup process.

However, it couldn't complete, I checked the Logs and it is returning Disk Quota Exceeded, I checked your Disk Usage and it is almost 100%

Can you please, contact your hosting provider and increase the disk space?

After increasing the Disk Space on your plan, the plugin should run fine.

Let us know if you need any further help on this.

Best Regards,
    Patrick Freitas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.