backup failed plugins

To sort out issues went for backup not working or starting, message was to update plugin

[snapshot][2017-01-16 08:49:22][Warning] Unable to clear log file
[snapshot][2017-01-16 08:51:19][Error] Error processing manual backup: backup

initial back up from WP panel failed to start need to update plugins that leads to other issues trying to fix. Where to start ?

Kasia helped earlier over plugin access and conflict :
It looks like your admin user doesn't have permissions to view plugin and update them. Are you sure that other admins haven't change anything on the site and disable access to your account?
For your problem with store, my suspision is that you have MakretPress and WooCommerce installed - and that is causing conflict. You have to remove plugin that you are not using.
If you can do that through the admin panel, do that through the FTP or cPanel file manager - go to wp-content and rename plugin directory you are not using.
Also look for Adminimize plugin there - this one is used to block access usually.

I need someone to talk me through the issues if possible baby beginner really, sorry,
time and place to suit.

Andrew

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there ajb1,

How are you doing today?

I'm not exactly sure what steps have you taken so far and did you manage to remove some of those plugins or at least temporarily deactivate for testing purposes to see if they are causing these issues?

Are you being able to deactivate plugins in your WP admin dashboard?

If yes I'd definitely start with testing for conflicts, based on what you've said about cart not working and backups not being able to start, given that these two are very different issues and both not working properly I'd assume this is caused by one of the plugins that you're using or perhaps your theme.

To start debugging the issues you're having you can follow the flowchart on this page https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know what you've found :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.