Backup files not removed from localhost after uploaded to their destination

Manual snapshot backup files, set to be upload to Amazon S3 destination, while the backup file is uploaded, the original file is not removed and kept on localhost.

• Oguz
    • QA Engineer

Hey James Smith ,

Hope you're well.

I got more information from developers side. I am afraid it's not possible in the current version of Snapshot Pro. It's designed to keep at least one backup locally and you can set this option on "STORAGE LIMIT" part;

So it will delete old backups only when your backups over storage limit.

Cheers,
    Oguz

• James Smith
    • New Recruit

OK, thanks for that info.

It would be optimal if we had the option to either not keep files local, or to set separate limits for local and remote. We like to keep 8 weeks of backups remotely, but doing so locally too gets us in disk space trouble fairly quickly.

Do you anticipate a feature like this may be added in the near future?

Thanks-

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there James Smith,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I had a look at previous requests about having separate limits for local and remote backups, but couldn't locate anything.
    As this does make sense though, I've already created a feature request report about it, so our growth team can consider it for future development.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dominique
      • Recruit

This would be greatly appreciated, especially for when working with a storage limit. By default, Snapshot Pro leaves all backups on the remote location, so this will clog up the storage. Meanwhile, I don't really have the need to keep as many backups on the local destination, because this clogs up the storage there as well.

It would be nice to have separate options to configure the number of Snapshots on the local and remote storage.

• Nahid
        • Tech Support

Hey Dominique !
        Hope you are having a great day!

We really appreciate your feedback over this. We have already created a feature request regarding this feature so that our growth team can consider this for future development and your interest has been noted in there as well. Thank you!

Kind regards,
        Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.