Backup issues

HI Guys

I'm having issues with a few sites that just refuse to backup – Clients are paying for the service, but it's not backing up at all.

I am successfully getting Snapshots, but can't get your Automated backup to work properly.

It does seem to be only on the slightly larger sites (90MB+).

I use a shared server for most of my clients and I'm aware it could just be the server being slow at the time the backup is attempted, but I was wondering if there's anything I can do / settings I can change to increase the chances of a successful backup each week.

I'm on-selling these services at a well priced rate, but having so many failures with the backups means I'm actually doing more work than if I backed up manually once a week

Thanks

Dan

• Bamboo Kit
    • Staff

Hello, Dan

Hope you’re well today and thank you for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear that you’re having a backup issue, however, there might be some rule that can help Snapshot perform better in the limited resource please try adding this define in wp-config.php

define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');

This option will force selection of the internal ZIP library used to produce backups.

Moreover, if the rule above doesn’t work, I would love to take a closer look into the issue but please provide me the FTP or cPanel login details and WordPress admin login.

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Note: Don’t change selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at “I have a different question”.

Subject: “Attn: Bamboo Kit

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

Hope this helps, thank you.

Kind regards,

Bamboo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.