Backup not completing

I'm not able to complete my Managed backup, it fails on 10%

First, it was returning "Other Kind or error" now just "0"

Tried to use

/* Snapshot Settings */
define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 10);
define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600); // skip files over 100mb
/* End of Snapshot Settings */

But not working too, can you please, help me?

  • Nithin
    • Support Wizard

    Hi David,

    Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

    I have added the following rules inside wp-config.php:

    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS', true);

    And excluded couple more directories in the root directory, and re-ran a new Managed Backup, and it worked fine without any issue, and a backup got created.

    Please check, and let us know if you have any further query regarding this. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

    Regards,
    Nithin

  • Konstantinos Xenos
    • Rubber Duck Debugger

    Hi David ,

    Even though WordPress understands that you have 256M of memory, there's a .user.ini in your root folder that was setting it to 64M instead.

    This was limiting both the backup and the upload process.

    I've changed the .user.ini to have memory_limit = 256M as well and everything seems to be working fine. The files uploaded correctly and I've took another succesfull managed backup for the 11th.

    Maybe you should check your other sites if they have as well a 64M setting also that might be limiting them.

    Tell us if you find any other issues so we can help out.

    Regards,
    Konstantinos

    • Konstantinos Xenos
      • Rubber Duck Debugger

      Sorry I'm not sure I understand when you've set that up from your reply.

      The memory limit on "manalarsen.com" was 64M, via the .user.ini and I've changed it to 256M to match the other default settings that the specific website had. I'm not sure how you've set the 512M as you mention but the .user.ini will always override all other settings as they're user specific via CPanel usually.

      In any case tell us if any other sites are giving you issues so we can take a look at the configuration and help out.

      Regards,
      Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.