Backup not working, says pending archives

hi,

I have seen that other people have struggled with restoring from a backup and now I seem to be having the same issue even thought it was working fine previously.

When I take backup i choose the options to save everything:

Tables: (all)
Files: (all) Themes, Plugins, Media

But when i try to restore to a local version using MAMP or another instance of my website on the web server it just says status Archives:stuck_out_tongue:ending

The details are below:
snapshot-1434435449-150924-025710-9afff401 (1).zip
September 24, 2015 2:57 am
Tables: (all), 11 core, 19 non-core, 2 other
Files: (all) Themes, Plugins, Media

347.53M Archives: Pending

Please could you advise on what to do.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Lee Onions

I opened another support ticket to grant you access to different installation of the site

I am sorry, this is very very difficult to track as deal with lots of threads everyday.

So, when you enable support access, please post on your every active thread.

Would you please enable again and let me know?

Also, let me know about this:

Would you please download the archive locally, unzip and check if the archive file is okay?

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Sorry for the delay, I didn't receive any notification of your last response by email.

I have granted access to the site, could you try and access.

I have also checked the local zip file and everything appears to be intact from what i can tell

let me know if you need anything else from my end.

thanks

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Can you confirm that your not going to try and restore from a previous version on the live site that I have given you access to?

Are you planning to try performing a restore on your own server?

I can upload the file to dropbox if that works?

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Lee Onions

Can you confirm that your not going to try and restore from a previous version on the live site that I have given you access to?

That's what I have asked, if I should try another snapshot. As if that one restores successfully, then the current stage of your site will be lost.

Would you please enable support access again?

Before that, please update Snapshot to latest version and try one more time.

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Thanks for clarifying - I tried to give support to another instance of this website to stop the latest version from being overwritten on the live version as I definitely don't to overwrite.

So can you tell me how to give you access to another instance of this website, i.e. the staging version? Should I open a new ticket and give you a referencenumber and grant you access to that instance? when tried this last time I opened a new ticket and was told not to open duplicates tickets and now the support ticket for the staging server instance has been deleted.

Could you explain how to proceed as I really need to make sure the site is getting backed up and start working from a local host version too.

Thanks Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Lee Onions

You don't need to open another thread, you can send me directly using our secured contact form. So, send me:

1. Staging SITE URL
    2. Admin username
    3. Admin password

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash (this ensures that it will be assigned to me)
    Details:
    1. Send all requested details
    2. Send a link of this thread so that I can track
    3. Send any other relevant link

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Lee Onions

Thanks for sending me details.

I have create two more snapshots - snapshot 2 (without files) and snapshot 3 (with files). Would you please try to restore? And then, create another snapshot with your own settings and try to restore that one.

Let me know if that works for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Both of the snapshots restore fine and the snapshot i created also restored fine. Can you explain how to take a snapshot from the live site that i can restore from please?

I was also having a problem restoring to my localhost which would be really useful right now as I have poor internet connectivity here in Thailand at the moment.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Lee Onions

Glad to know it finally worked. What I did is just changed the compression method.

Please go to Snapshot > Settings > Compression library > And select ZipArchive.

Then take snapshot in usual process.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

I created a new snapshot and backed up using the settings you mentioned. When I have tried to restore though I get a message which says that the archives are pending.

But, the option to restore is available. Once I click on this option the restore begins but doesn't complete. It gets 90% of the way through the postmeta data rows which contains plenty of data and then get stuck

I have attached a screenshot of the error for your information.

You should still be able to login using the details I sent over previously.

Could you let me know how to proceed from here please.

Thanks
    Lee

https://www.dropbox.com/s/og6nxcpnec24jbe/snapshot%20error.tiff?dl=0

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Lee Onions

Would you please try this in a live site? We don't recommend to try localhost as the local server is not configured in best way, also there could be some issue when you deal with remote data, files etc.

So, it's always best to try in live site.

On the other hand, it is difficult for us to troubleshoot local site as we don't have access.

So, would you please try again in a live site if that works fine?

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

The restore that I have tried was on the staging site (I think your referring to this as the live site) that you have access to and the local host. Both of them have the same error.

Can you login to take a look today? You should see the snapshot, its size is around 362MB as was from yesterday or the day before.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I don't see any snapshot of 362MB. Would you please let me know the name of the archive?

And which site you are backing up from?

Also, as you confirmed:

Both of the snapshots restore fine and the snapshot i created also restored fine.

Is that in another site? Sorry I am little confused here.

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Sorry if this is confusing. I will try to explain. The backup I want to take it of the live site as this is the most current, up to date version of the website. I have changed the backup settings as per your instructions on the live site to ZIP compression and am now trying to restore this version to the staging area but am getting the errors as I mentioned in the last post.

The snapshot is a little bigger than I first messaged, its not 362mb its actually 379mb with file name:
    snapshot-1444979059-151016-073237-26acd26e.zip

The staging area is still has the same credentials that I gave you by using the contact form after your message on the 13th.

At this stage it would be great if you could get to the bottom of this error.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense or if you need something from me,

thanks.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi there

I am sorry for the delay. And yes, I can confirm the issue in your site.

Are both sites in same server? Can I get detail access of both sites?

Please send me the following details:

1. Live site admin access
    2. Live site FTP access
    3. Sandbox site admin access (I think I have that, right?)
    4. Sandbox site FTP access
    ** If both sites are in same server, then cpanel access would be very helpful.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash (this ensures that it will be assigned to me)
    Details:
    1. Send all requested details
    2. Send a link of this thread so that I can track
    3. Send any other relevant link

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Thanks for coming back to me - before i send over the details, can you confirm that you won't make any changes to the live website and perform any restore operations - the sandbox version is fine as it just an older version of the site, my concern with the live site is that this is the one we are working off as we haven't been able to take a working backup and move over to the sandbox site (backwards i know!).

If you can confirm please.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Lee Onions

Yes, I can confirm that I will just make a backup in live site and restore in sandbox site. When you send the me the information, please mark both site information separate as I requested in my above reply :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Lee Onions

Thanks for sending the details. I have tried in many ways but could not import the snapshot :slight_frown:

I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread for his valuable opinion on this issue. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Ohh before flagging SLS developer, I just noticed that you have older version of Snapshot. Is there any reason like if you made any customization?

If not, would you please update to latest, and try one more time? Or can I update and try?

If it doesn't work, I will call a SLS developer to take a look.

Cheers
    Ash

• Lee Onions
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the update Ash.

no problem feel free to update and see if that makes any difference.

Also, if the developer can appreciate that I have no working backup of the site at the moment so would appreciate if this kept in mind.

Do you know roughly how long it will take for him to get round to looking at this?

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Lee Onions

I have updated in sandbox site but unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

So, I am tagging an available developer from second level support line in this thread for his valuable opinion on this issue. Please note that, developer response might be slower than usual staff response, so we appreciate your patience on this.

I also recommend to take a backup of your live site manually. Just copy the folders in a different folder and take a backup of database from phpmyadmin :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Lee Onions,

I hope you are well today.

Please copy the below code to your wp-config.php.
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
    Please make sure you paste it before the line
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging.
    Let's see if this works for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.