Backup up a blog to upload to anther blog.

I want to backup up Blog A on my multi site and then upload its settings over another blog B, keeping the site name and users of blog B intact and overwriting everything else, themes, activate plugins etc.

Can Snapshot plugin do this easily?

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

@Tom Eagles
    Okay, thanks.

Now when I am in /network/admin.php?page=snapshots_new_panel I see where I can select everything that I can backup, great. Let's say that I select blog A and I select all tables, files etc. How do I overwrite Blog B's settings?

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

@Tom Eagles
    I just tried to test the restore by backing up first and got this error message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /mysite.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 813

Line 813 doesn't state memory size
    My wp-config has
    define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '750m');
    which is allowed by my server company

It is a multi db set up.
    should I define max memory somewhere else?

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

Thanks, the server company fixed it.

This is the error message that I get

Constant WP_CONTENT_URL already defined in /web/sites/mysite/mysite.com/wp-config.php on line 84 Notice: Constant WP_PLUGIN_DIR already defined in /web/sites/mysite/mysite.com/wp-config.php on line 85 Notice: Constant WP_PLUGIN_URL already defined in /web/sites/mysite/mysite.com/wp-config.php on line 86 Notice: Constant PLUGINDIR already defined in /web/sites/mysite/mysite.com/wp-config.php on line 87 Notice: Constant WPMU_PLUGIN_DIR already defined in /web/sites/mysite/mysite.com/wp-config.php on line 88 Notice: Constant WPMU_PLUGIN_URL already defined in /web/sites/mysite/mysite.com/wp-config.php on line 91 Notice: Constant MUPLUGINDIR already defined in /web/sites/mysite/mysite.com/wp-config.php on line 93 Notice: Constant UPLOADBLOGSDIR already defined in /web/sites/mysite/mysite.com/wp-config.php on line 94

I moved blogs with this
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Moving_wp-content_folder

• Atlanta
    • Syntax Hero

@Tom Eagles

Fatal error fixed. I changed the zip file type and added M to the memory size on the settings page and the snapshot went through. Great, now back to my original problem!

I have the snapshot for blog A, how do I apply it to blog B?
    The restore function seems to restore blog A's snapshot to blog A.

What if the table already exists with Blog B, it is overwritten?
    What if it doesn't exist, does it create it?
    If I have a different theme on blog B can I copy over blog A's active theme settings?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Atlanta,

Technically, what you are asking about is migration and Snapshot does not yet handle migration of data from one server environment to another. There are just too many variables to consider. Things like database prefix, server paths, etc. You can try it but really we don't need to spend too much time trying to do something the plugin is known not to support.

I'll be getting back to the migration development next week. You should see releases for Snapshot regularly during the summer.

To answer some of your other questions:

What if the table already exists with Blog B, it is overwritten? What if it doesn't exist, does it create it?

Yes. Snapshot is intelligent enough to know if the destination table exists. It it does it will delete the table and create a new version.

If I have a different theme on blog B can I copy over blog A's active theme settings?

Technically, yes. The theme should store it's settings in the default wp_options table like all good plugins and themes do. So as part of the backup if you make sure that table is included (your prefix may be different) then yes Theme A settings will be carried over. What you need to worry about are the settings specific to B that you might want to retain. Snapshot does not have the ability to merge database tables. Meaning everything will be deleted.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.