Backup will not work - getting an error

Hi,

I am trying to run backups now that you have released the service. I am backing up to Dropbox. I am however getting this error on all the sites i have tried...

'Other kind of backup error'

Could you please let me know what this error means?

:slight_smile:

• Nithin

Hi Studio3creative,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Could you please let me know what this error means?

I'm pinging the developer regarding this issue, also to be sure whether there isn't any other issue related to this, could you please enable debug mode, so that we could have a better idea about this issue.

To enable debug, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try create a new backup. If the backup fails, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Studio3creative,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

When i increased the space the backups worked ok... would this sound consistent to you?

Yes, this could be one of the reasons for it to not work. To be sure, I asked for the debug logs, glad to know that you have already figured this out.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.