bad performance en really slow site

Hi,
My scores are really really bad, so my site is also very slow.

How can I improve that? The last time I tried the asset opt, the layout of my site completely changed.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Kjelle,

I had a look at your site and the biggest impact on the performance is indeed caused by the assets loaded.

Asset Optimization option in Hummingbird requires unique setup for each site as it completely depends on the theme and plugins used on the site.

Some of the plugin or theme files don't handle optimization properly and can cause the site to misbehave when you optimize them, so if you completely optimized all of your files at once this will most likely show issues on frontend.

My suggestion when using Asset Optimization is to enable optimization in bulk of 10 files at once, and after every 10 files check your site frontend.
    If everything is working fine then you can proceed with the next 10 files.
    If you do, however, encounter some issues then go back to Asset Optimization and disable the optimization in last 10 files until you find which one is causing the issue, and then leave that file unoptimized and continue with optimizing rest of them.

After you have most of your files optimized you should get a lot better results with speed test.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.