banned from dev site

I was banned from my dev site and they mentioned I need to contact you guys regarding this matter to have it whitelisted. I also wanted to know how this would happen and why. Thank you for your help and time.

• dusty
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kris,

I think it was the IP being blocked by the defender plugin. I am a little concerned about the reason it was blocked, ie what would make that happen? Is there something I should know about the website in question? I'm actually happy the plugin is doing its job, just trying to understand how to avoid this problem in the future, and what it potentially means to be blocked from this site or others. Here is a screenshot of what happened, I'm unblocked now bc I mentioned this to one of my deveopers.

Thanks!

Dusty

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello dusty

Sometimes, this is a cached page, in that case you need to clear page and object cache.

Also, you can whitelist your IP, so that it never gets blacklisted. Or you can use the following code:

add_filter( 'ip_lockout_default_whitelist_ip', function ( $ips ) {
    $ip = 'YOUR IP HERE';
    $ips[] = $ip;

return $ips;
    } );

You can use this code in your child theme’s functions.php if the theme is not changed. Otherwise mu-plugin is the best option. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php). Now start with a <?php tag and then put the above code.

Make sure you set your IP here: $ip = ‘YOUR IP HERE’;

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.