Banned Words in BuddyPress Plugin

Another very necessary plugin I can’t find is a filter for BP forums. I would like to ban swear words and other inappropriate words. These should then be *********’d out in posts.

Anyone know of one or can WPMUDEV create one at some point soon?

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I seem to recall discussion here about a month ago that the banned words wordpress plugins that should work on bp didn;t and a trac ticket was open on the topic. I can;t find the thread right off or on the regular wp forums. Since I don;t go over to the bp forums, it had to be one one of those sites.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hmmm, I wonder whether simply modifying our https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/content-monitor would do the job?

I’m not really a huge fa of the replacing of words with ****s or similar, but it’d be good for site admin to be able to monitor and remove if required.

However, needless to say we’re at the will of the market so if there are lots of people out there wanting this, just +1 this thread :slight_smile:

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I’m torn. The content monitor would be fine as it sends a notice and doesn;t filter. We just had a thread over in my forums where one of our site admins mistyped something as cuny and that was loads of fun.

-1 for filtering though just out of general “I don;t like filtering” although I do see a need for it in some cases.

• rossagrant
    • The Incredible Code Injector

James, that sounds great, I’d need it to work on a standard WP and BP install though, although with WP 3.0 around the corner, I suppose that wont be an issue on release.

Just saw the moderation plugin too.

If only that could be modded to allow reporting of forum posts in BP.

Is that a possibility if enough people want it?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.