BASIC install of Marketpress by total newb

Hi,
I'd like to quickly preface this by stating that I am possibly the most clueless newbie customer of yours and there is a solid chance that you will not even be able to understand my question because I have no idea what I'm talking about.

oook! having said that, I have just become a full member of WPMU DEV because of the major appeal of your MarketPress plug-in.
I have a self-hosted website that at one point was totally fabulous because I was paying someone a lot of money to do it all for me.
It is now nothing but a boat load of error messages.
I figured out how to get my domain name back (yeah, I had to buy it at auction from god-only-knows-who for a grotesque price). It is hosted with GoDaddy and I used the auto install option for wordpress.
I have purchased and installed (and unistalled and reinstalled) countless wordpress themes thinking that something magical is going to happen and it never does... haha
I think this can be attributed to the fact that I have no concept of the relationship between wordpress and godaddy (and the things that accompany godaddy, i.e. ftp, databases, etc)

Ok, I apologize for rambling and here is my question:
Prior to installing the Marketpress Plug-in (which I surprisingly know how to do), should I do anything in godaddy or wp dashboard? Like, should i de-activate all my un-used plug-ins and kind of attempt to install as though I have just created my wordpress account? a clean slate, so to speak?

Last thing to note is that I have no content to worry about losing : )

• bmwijaya
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @eghartigan

Welcome to the club.
    For installing marketpress, you have to login to your wp dashboard instead of godaddy. download marketpress file from https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce .login to your admin wpdashboard -> plugins -> add plugins-> upload the file or wp dashboard -> wpmudev dashboard--> plugins-> choose marketpress (ensure you have install wpmudev dashboard).
    For detail instruction, please refer to https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce then choose usage tab.
    Hope are well informed. I'm also newbie, this forum is very helpfull to solve some problem even not wpmudev services.
    Cheers, success to your goal.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @eghartigan

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums and welcome to WPMU DEV.

@bmwijaya has got you covered with his great suggestion that you can install the plugin without deactivating other plugins and then take it step by step to configure using the usage link.

To automate the installs of the WPMU DEV plugins and themes, you can also install our WPMU DEV Dashboard :slight_smile:

Last but not the least, whenever you get stuck, feel free to create a support thread and you will always find someone around to help you :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC
    WPMU DEV
    Support and Stuff

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you're having a fantastic day!

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, that's great news. if however you still need some assistance then please feel free to reopen this thread or for any different issues create a fresh thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.