Basic Theme/Template for MarketPress?

Is there a basic theme for quickly starting a Marketpress site? I realized there's still no docs and would really like some theme files to quickly create store pages.

• Mason

Hiya counteragent,

We have plans to integrate our Product theme very tightly with the MarketPress plugin, but it's not completed yet.

The plugin should use the styles of any theme to help create the store and the theme template files are well documented inside the actual php files themselves.

For instance, take a look at the following files in your marketpress download:
    marketpress-includes/template-functions.php
    marketpress-includes/themes/Themeing_Marketpress.txt

As well as the custom CSS files included in the themes directory of marketpress. These together should get you started quickly. And of course, we're working to get Product together for folks as fast as possible so you'll have even better examples.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

• wbassman

Hi,

I installed marketpress on multi-site. Brilliant job. My issue is that all of the pages that it generates are great except the "store" page. Am I doing something wrong? The store page has no formatting, it is just links. I posted here because if that is how the "store" page looks out of the box then I too am desperate for a basic get the thing up and running template. I just can't imagine though that the product pages look that great but the main page is like it is.

Thanks for your help. Oh I'm using WP Multisite 3.03, no buddypress, with the latest marketpress.

• Louis Zanolli

Like Aaron said and here is an easy method for learning, paste the code below into the store page, this code is from the MarketPress Help Tab, easy way to see the code in action fast.

Copy and paste all text below:

Shortcodes allow you to include dynamic store content in posts and pages on your site. Simply type or paste them into your post or page content where you would like them to appear. Optional attributes can be added in a format like [shortcode attr1="value" attr2="value"].

Product Tag Cloud [mp_tag_cloud] - Displays a cloud or list of your product tags. Optional Attributes »
    Product Categories List [mp_list_categories] - Displays an HTML list of your product categories. Optional Attributes »
    Product Categories Dropdown [mp_dropdown_categories] - Displays an HTML dropdown of your product categories. Optional Attributes »
    Popular Products List [mp_popular_products] - Displays a list of popular products ordered by sales.

Optional Attributes:

* "number" - max number of products to display. Defaults to 5.
    * Example: [mp_popular_products number="5"]

Products List [mp_list_products] - Displays a list of products according to preference. Optional attributes default to the values in Presentation Settings -> Product List.

Optional Attributes:

* "paginate" - Whether to paginate the product list. This is useful to only show a subset.
    * "page" - The page number to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    * "per_page" - How many products to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true.
    * "order_by" - What field to order products by. Can be: title, date, ID, author, price, sales, rand (random).
    * "order" - Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC
    * "category" - Limits list to a specific product category. Use the category Slug
    * "tag" - Limits list to a specific product tag. Use the tag Slug
    * Example: [mp_list_products paginate="true" page="1" per_page="10" order_by="price" order="DESC" category="downloads"]

Store Links [mp_cart_link] - Displays a link or url to the current shopping cart page.
    [mp_store_link] - Displays a link or url to the current store page.
    [mp_products_link] - Displays a link or url to the current products list page.
    [mp_orderstatus_link] - Displays a link or url to the order status page.

Optional Attributes:

* "url" - Whether to return a clickable link or url. Can be: true, false. Defaults to showing link.
    * "link_text" - The text to show in the link.
    * Example: [mp_cart_link link_text="Go here!"]

Store Navigation List [mp_store_navigation] - Displays a list of links to your store pages.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.