Batch Create doesn't send "site created" email on multisite using Pro Sites

When I enter a new user & subdomain on my MU install the user gets a full welcome email with their correct subdomain login path and credentials (I’m pretty sure it’s the Pro Site welcome email)

When I use Batch Create, the subdomain is created, user is added, etc. But the email sent is a short email, subject “Your username and password” with just their auth info and the generic domain.com/wp-login.php login URL, not their subdomain URL.

Of course when they login there they get a “you’re not authorized to view this page” with a list of their domains below, which if they click they go to their site dashboard.

Unfortunately anytime you tell someone “you’re not authorized” right after they enter their login, they quit reading and send in a support ticket.

What is needed to get the Pro Site welcome email sent out with Batch Create?

Is this something I can do manually (uggh!)

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @richard,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for your question.

I’ve just been testing this and your 100% correct that the pro sites email is never sent when batch created is used, this appears to be because a pro site status isn’t set.

In your other thread, we need to find a way to set a default pro status for all users, I’ve flagged the lead developer for his valuable input and included my colleague @alexander Rohmann to see if he has any ideas here.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Richard
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Digging through the code I found:

../batch-create/inc/creator.php

407 $send = true;

408 $send = apply_filters( ‘batch_create_send_welcome_notification’, $send, $blog_id );

Since it’s set to true already, the apply_filters shouldn’t modify it to false. I checked and that filter isn’t implemented anywhere, so I don’t understand why it wouldn’t have sent on batch upload before.

Just to be on the safe side, I implemented the following in my own plugin to make sure the user join isn’t sent but the blog create is:

add_filter( ‘batch_create_send_new_user_notification’, ‘nowme_hacks_batch_create_send_user_notification’ );

add_filter( ‘batch_create_send_welcome_notification’ , ‘nowme_hacks_batch_create_send_welcome_notification’ );

function nowme_hacks_batch_create_send_user_notification( $send )

{

return false;

}

function nowme_hacks_batch_create_send_welcome_notification( $send )

{

return true;

}

And it seems to be working just fine.

Now to create 200+ blogs…

≡:^D

Thanks for all your help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.