Batch Create followup registration and user roles

I am keen to use the Batch Create plugin to make users/profiles on Buddypress for the users who have given us consent to do so, with names email addresses etc.

However I have want to separate that into Students and Businesses, and in the fields that are asked when registering there is a drop down menu that allows them to select if they are Students or Businesses.

How can I allow Batch Create to do this also, or if not possible, how do I then change them to show that information?, (even if that means going into the backend of the account and changing some of that information, I would need instructions on how to do it though).

It is important they are separated in this way as I have a plugin which then allows for me to make a page directory listing the users depending on whether they are a Student or Business.

Also what would be the best role to set them? for use with the Batch Create Plugin?, one for those that I want to be able to make and edit their own blogs I set up on the multisite, (but not deal with superadmin or any of my sites content) and one where they can just comment on posts , cannot create blogs.

Please help, I look forward to your reply.

Many thanks, Sam

• aecnu

Greetings Sam,

Giving careful thought and consideration into your query I may have a solution for you:

A. to manually add one each student and one each business to your network so that you may see the format on how it adds users to each one of the different categories.

B. use batch create to upload the businesses data and creating their sites as you have indicated is necessary.

C. to ease the pain and assist transferring the users to the applicable part of the database (copy and paste) I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.