Batch Create New Additions Not Showing

Greetings. My first Batch Creation of 229 sites went off without a hitch.

After uploading a new file that should have brought the total to 298, although the sites do exist, they cannot be found in the dashboard 'My Sites' or the list of sites. They're live, but not in a place where I can access them through the backend.

Here's a clue. The dashboard says, You have 229 sites and 298 users. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it.

Cheers and Happy New Year. :slight_smile:

Frank

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Frank

I hope you had a wonderful day and happy new year.

I just tested the plugin on my test site and all sites imported through Batch Create plugin was available in Dashboard. So it's not a plugin bug, rather there is something in your site which is causing the issue. I could tell you more specifically if I could have a look inside your site and make some tests. So Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Frank,

Could you share with us file you used for last batch? I've checked logs of plugin and there is information about the sites that where not created

2015-12-31 15:53:35 [debug] - --- Starting queue item processing ---
    	Blog name: [Yoga Studio]
    	User name: [yogastudio]
    2015-12-31 15:53:35 [debug] - User yogastudio already exists (ID: 221)
    2015-12-31 15:53:35 [debug] - Missing or invalid site address.
    2015-12-31 15:53:35 [debug] - --- Queue item processing finished ---

2015-12-31 15:53:36 [debug] - --- Queue item processing finished ---

as you see it shows " Missing or invalid site address" - so I'm wondering what is in the file that throws that error.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Frank

I just logged in with Support Access. As you said "they cannot be found in the dashboard 'My Sites' or the list of sites", so I went to "Dashboard > Sites > All Sites" and I could see all 229 sites listed there. Please check the attached screenshot.

So did you fix the problem by yourself already or am I missing something?

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Big Frank
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi,

Yes, I see the 229 sites, but there are actually 298, all of which can be accessed from the Internet, just not through the dashboard. I'm contemplating starting over from scratch, but I would love to not have to do that.

Any further assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers. - Frank

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Big Frank

I just tried to access first few sub-sites from dashboard. Among the first 10 sites, I could access the sub-site dashboard and site for 8 sites. One was having a redirection error and another was giving me permission error. So most of them are working but some are not.

As you have a very long list of sites, going to each of them, and fixing one by one manually will be a very tedious job I think and IMO, it's the best option to start over from scratch with proper configuration and way if you don't have too much to loose.

Or if you want to fix one-by-one, please check all of them, find and list the sites with errors. We can help you in fixing them. Whichever you prefer.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Big Frank
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Greetings Rupok,

I'll sleep on that decision, overnight - but I have a feeling that I will probably start from scratch. Probably easier and faster. :slight_smile:

If I need further assistance, I will contact you again. I thank you very much for your efforts on my behalf.

Cheers. - Frank

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.