Batch Create - no queue message, can't process

I just upgraded to WP 3.3 and updated Batch Create to 1.2.3 (after renewing a membership). I have used earlier versions of this plugin and it worked fine before.

I downloaded the template, added 198 users with just usernames, 9 digit numerical passwords, email addresses, all other columns were null. The upload did not report an error, but the queue message did not appear, just "Items added to queue"

I tried again with a CSV file built in Notepad, same exact (lack of) results. I made sure the CSV file was using commas and that the data was clean. For my Excel trials I was using Excel 2010 saving down to Excel 2003 format.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Sorry for the delay here.

I've just tried your batch file and have the following message:

Items added to queue.
    Note: There are 19 items (blogs/users) waiting to be processed. Click here to process the queue. If there is a problem, you can clear the queue by clicking here.

When I click to process the queue all the entries are parsed and the user accounts are created.

Note that I selected there was a header row which is why I had 19 and not 20 processed.

So I have your batch file working fine with a clean install of WordPress which suggests something about your site is stopping it from working.

To test that, can you disable all other plugins and try to process it again please?

Thanks,
    Phil

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over our email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• dmelone
    • New Recruit

We can't turn off our existing plug-ins right now as this is a production server with our students using it right now. Are there known incompatibilities? The only other plug-in we had that did any "user stuff" was an "add multiple users to existing blog" plugin (not WPMUs) but we cleared that out. I sent an email with our list of active plug-ins. We are deleting what we can right now, but we are still running into the same issue with the "Click to process" link never appearing, only "Items added to queue"

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I don't know of any existing conflicts. But its always hard to say for sure.

The only sure way to test is deactivating all other plugins including any within the MU folder (Network installs).

If you can't do that because its a production server then I would suggest doing it in your sandbox install which is used for testing upgrades, plugins and themes. If you dont have one then setting one up would allow you to test the issue further.

Let me know how you get on.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.