I just upgraded to WP 3.3 and updated Batch Create to 1.2.3 (after renewing a membership). I have used earlier versions of this plugin and it worked fine before.
I downloaded the template, added 198 users with just usernames, 9 digit numerical passwords, email addresses, all other columns were null. The upload did not report an error, but the queue message did not appear, just "Items added to queue"
I tried again with a CSV file built in Notepad, same exact (lack of) results. I made sure the CSV file was using commas and that the data was clean. For my Excel trials I was using Excel 2010 saving down to Excel 2003 format.