"Batch Create" not assigning users a custom role

When I set the 'role' column's values to the correct spelling of an already-existing and fully functional custom role, the created users all ended up with the role 'subscriber'. This is not correct. Is there something special I need to do to make sure new users are assigned the correct custom role? Thanks!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lydia,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Batch Create currently only supports the WordPress default roles on site creation. This is because the role is given during site creation and the custom roles aren't recognized by the site until it is completed, assuming you have the User Role Plugin(if you're using that one) network activated and applied to all sites.

With that said, I am still going to move this over to the requested features as I think it would be an awesome feature to have if possible :slight_smile:

A workaround would be to batch add users to the sites after you have created them. This would just be a matter of editing the csv you already uploaded. Once the sites are created then you can add users with custom roles.

Hope this helps Lydia! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.