Batch Create with specific blog template

How can I batch create a set of blogs while using a specific Blog Template I have set up?

Thanks!

• Sajid

Hi @Allen,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am afraid, its not possible out of the box. Because ideally it was designed to be used on frontend site registration.

However, I am flagging SLS (Code Experts) here for their invaluable feedback on this matter. If it could be done easily then they would definitely come up with a solution/workaround/patch as soon as possible. They will post a reply here accordingly. Please bear in mind that their response time might be slower than normal support staff because they work on more technical and advanced threads.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Allen

First, your customer support is the best of anything I have ever bought in 15 years online. Second, I am a idiot, all I had to do is set the template as the default template and that does the trick. Been a bit since I have used a lot of your stuff, and did not remember all the features.

My programming knowledge is miniscule, but since templates are also assigned a numerical value, the addition of column E in the batch create file, where the value is the template design you want assigned to the newly created site, could be a pretty quick work around for this.

Thanks again!

• Sajid

Hi @Allen,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your appreciation. These words makes us perform a lot better.

Thanks for the tip on how to set a specific/default blog for all newly created sites.

Yes, we could add another column in the CSV file where you can provide numeric ID of the blog template that can be set on the time of execution.

Thanks and have a fantastic day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Jude

Hey @Allen

This is not currently possible out of the box because of the way the plugin is built. That said I am marking a feature request on this and we can consider it depending on how many other members request something similar.

If you want it in a time bound fashion then I suggest you take a look at our Jobs Board where you can find some good talent that can help you with this.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and have a fantastic day!

Cheers
    Jude