Batch Upload Calendar Events

Hi - I've got thousands of calendar events that I need to get into thousands of groups. I made a couple entries going through the front end application and then went into my DB, found the wp_bp_groups_calendars table and analyzed how the data is stored in the tables. I see the database fields include:

- id
- group_id
- user_id
- event_time
- event_title
- event_description
- event_location
- event_map
- created_stamp
- last_edited_id
- last_edited_stamp

I would like to create an excel file and upload the thousands of group items that I need to get it there - it would be so much faster than manually going through the front end app. The questions I have are outlined below:

- The event_time field is a datetime field. Is this field auto populated when data gets into the database or would I have to fill this field in?
- What is the created_stamp field? Is this field auto populated when data gets into the database or would I have to fill this field in?
- What is the last_edited_stamp field? Is this field auto populated when data gets into the database or would I have to fill this field in?

• Philip John

Hiya!

The event_time field is a datetime field. Is this field auto populated when data gets into the database or would I have to fill this field in?

This is not auto-generated and would need to be filled in.

What is the created_stamp field? Is this field auto populated when data gets into the database or would I have to fill this field in?

I believe this is a UNIX timestamp and would need to be provided during the insert.

What is the last_edited_stamp field? Is this field auto populated when data gets into the database or would I have to fill this field in?

This is also a timestamp and again would need to be filled in.

Phil

• buddy_boy8403

Sorry, I know you marked this one resolved, but I'm going to take to to re-opened because I'm not so sure I that the created_stamp field and the last_edited_stamp field are timestamps. I'm providing some examples of the values for these fields from my BD and I don't recognize a time out of them. In fact, to me they just appear as random numbers. If I'm going to batch upload a lot of these items I need to know what makes up these series of numbers so I can upload the items with fairly accurate info that is as close as possible to if I would just have done it all right through the front end app.

created_stamp Values:

last_edited_stamp Values:

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• buddy_boy8403

@Phil - Actually I think you're right about the UNIX timestamp. I found a site that converts the unreadable timestamp back into something that a lay-person can make sense of and sure enough - it looks good. I can use this site to help generate the timestamp that I need to upload to these files, so I'm going to take a stab at this and I'll report back if I have any issues.

Thanks again for your help, and sorry for doubting you. I gave you +5 points for helping steer me in the right direction.

Thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.