bb-config.php path required for Buddypress Group Forums Install?

Hoping someone can help me with this. I am trying to install both sitewide forums and group forums. I've done all of the first steps (creating a page for Sitewide forums - Forums and one for Group forums - Group Forums) and now I am at the point of "installing" them.

[Please note: this is not my first time around with this version of WP and BP and bbPress...my question
is one that did not come up the last time I did this...around the first week of Jan this year?]

Okay, so my issue is this: "BuddyPress can make use of your existing bbPress install. Just provide the location of your bb-config.php file, and BuddyPress will do the rest." - See the Screenshot attached.

I can't find this file? Everything in my bbpress plugin is named "bbp-xxx.php" and I can't seem to find anything named "xxx-config.php" in that plugin at all? - See second screenshot.

Help please! I know from experience that it is very important to install the Forums correctly the first time around, follow the steps in the correct order (yes, I am one that doesn't like to read instructions; I'm learning not to be so hardheaded, haha :slight_smile: ). Because of this, I am hesitant to do anything until I know it is correct. I cannot seem to find any current information about this topic in either the Buddypress or bbPress forums. I'm hoping the collective knowledge here will save the day (again).

Sorry if this is a naive question - any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Isis

• isis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Okay, turns out I am an idiot. I was clicking on the "Use an Existing Installation" tab under Group Forums instead of the Blue Tab that said "Activate Group Forums" or something like that.

Once I went and clicked the blue tab, all was good. Maybe this will help someone in the future though?

Cheers!
    Isis

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello isis,

I am glad you could figure it out, moreover, i appreciate you taking the time to post the solution as well hoping that someone else would benefit.

As a note of thanks, am gonna send some reputation points your way!

btw, if you have more questions, there is no need to feel bad about it, as right away, I got your back!

Cheers,
    Arun Basil Lal

• isis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Arun,

You are awesome, thanks!

As a matter of fact, I just posted something in the Buddypress.org forums and someone there asked me if I was from here since they had a similar problem and it was a result of the Membership plugin...so, I am going to hop on around and see if we can help one another or get one of you awesome support guys to give us the help we need.

BTW - it has to do with the Forums, once I got them installed - ran into troubles with how the pages now show...but I'll put that in a topic where it belongs or respond to the appropriate thread. Thanks for the points - always great to earn some as well as to have someone help you in a way that makes you compelled to reward them with same!

Cheers!
    Isis

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.