BB Press forums appear to be unprotected by M2

Whilst M2 appears to work pretty-much as expected (although I'm still in the build/test stage on 'localhost'), a problem which appears to be two levels deep.

Once someone enters their details for registration, their information is recorded in the database, naturally. If they cancel-out before completing payment, their members list shows the account as pending. This naturally displays the 'Protected content' page if they attempt to access 'members Only' pages - with the exception of BB Press.

Even though the forum is set to members only, there is no protected content notice and all threads can be accessed by all visitors to the site.

In the above scenario where a membership is pending due to non completion of payment, the pending member is then given full access to the forum and is free to create new threads an to comment.

Hopefully I have just missed a setting somewhere - if not, is this a bug with M2.

Cheers,
Keith

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Keith

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

We have been reported this issue before and been fixed in latest release. Please try to delete the existing plugin and install it again manually.

If error persists, then please provide steps to reproduce this issue. Also if you can upload your website on remote server where we can access and make a test.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Keith
    • Flash Drive

Hi Sajid - thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't work.

I already had the latest version of M2 installed, however, in the interest of finding the problem, I uninstalled the plugin, downloaded it again and reinstalled it. It still doesn't protect BBPress.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Keith

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Keith

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have tested it out on my sandbox site and its seems to be working fine.

1. I created a test membership with recurring payment.
    2. Installed activated bbpress.
    3. Protected BP forum by paid membership
    4. From membership register page, registered with test account and selected paid membership.
    5. Then cancelled the membership from memberships page without going to checkout page.
    6. Still no access to bbPress forum or even other pages protected by this membership.

Can you please provide exact steps following those I can replicate it on my sandbox site ?

Also what payment gateway you are using for payments ?

Can you upload your website from local to a remote server and grant support access, so we can take a closer look ?

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.