[bb -press plugin] bb press plugin moderator role

i want to add a override the existing role of bb press plugin moderator.
let me explain what i need.
1)super admin assign forum to moderator. and moderator access only that plugin.
2) one forum have a multiple moderator
3) one moderator have a multiple forum.
4) moderator can edit, delete that forum , topic , and reply.
so is this possible any how.?
Thanks.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jing

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The bbPress "user-roles" are not the same thing as native WP user roles so they need a bit different treatment and what you mostly need would be some sort of an "access control" rather than solution based strictly on capabilities.

These three requirements are already pretty much met with a regular installation of bbPress:

2) one forum have a multiple moderator
    3) one moderator have a multiple forum.
    4) moderator can edit, delete that forum , topic , and reply.

I'm saying "pretty much" because moderators can by default do this and even if there's lack of some capability, that can be adjusted on a "user level" using this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-capabilities/

However, this part is a bit more "tricky:

1)super admin assign forum to moderator. and moderator access only that plugin.

While super-admin can already assign a moderator role to any user, you would need some customization to assign "moderator to forum". By default, a moderator have access to all the forums and can, well, moderate them all. Therefore, you need a tool that would 1) store information of moderators assigned to a given forum 2) control "moderation" access to forums - so moderators could only moderate those forums they are assigned to.

I'm afraid that at this moment that would require some custom development. However, the good news is that the 2.6.0 release of bbPress is supposed to actually bring such feature in officially. That means that as of 2.6.0 release you should have an option to assign specific moderators to specific forums.

I'm not sure when 2.6.0 is going to be released because it's already late but there is a "release candidate" version available here:

https://bbpress.org/download/

It brings quite a lot of changes and it's not an official release yet but I have just downloaded it and it looks really promising, especially in a context of your needs. I think you might want to give it a try as this wold be probably the simplest and most "native" solution for what you need to achieve :slight_smile:

If you have any additional questions, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jing

Thank you for your response.

Let me recap my previous message because I might have complicate things a bit too much. I apologize for causing confusion.

What you wish to achieve is not currently possible and I don't know of any plugin that would do exactly this. It would require custom coding.

The solution is to try a beta version of the future bbPress plugin release. From this page

https://bbpress.org/download/

You can download "bbPress 2.6 Release Candidate 5" version of the plugin. If you replace the current bbPress with it it will give you an option to assign a moderator to a selected forum. A person assigned as a moderator to a selected forum should have moderator capabilities for this forum only. A forum can have one or more moderators and a moderator can moderate one or more forums. You, as a super-admin, can assign it in back-end - just edit the forum and you'll have an option to assign moderators to it.

This feature will be included in official 2.6 update of bbPress.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.