bbpress 2.2.3 integration with buddypress 1.6.2

(Is there any integration guide? I read all the docs (buddypress, bbpress), youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8mh3f6Vzbo), google. I just couldn't create the group forums as in the youtube (minute 12:56). What am I missing? Thanks...

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

You shouldn't have to do anything special for BuddyPress/bbPress integration. When you first installed BuddyPress and went through the setup process did you set up group forums?

I'm attaching a screenshot of the area for reference, let's double-check this first.

• Linc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey guys, I saw this thread and thought I would mention, I was having the same problems in the last week with my dev envrionment. My Discussion Forums pages were just coming up blank. After a bit of research I found that there is a conflict if the Discussion Forums box is ticked even though it installs the same version of bbpress.

I've recreated the problem easily on both my dev and production environments. Had a look at the code but I can't see why it's happening. Quick fix for me was:
    - Uncheck Discussion Forums in BuddyPress settings
    - Uninstall bbpress and delete files
    - Reinstall bbpress and reactivate
    - Voila! Your Forums should appear and be active

I'm certain it's a problem with buddypress 1.6.2 but I haven't had the time or inclination to investigate it further seeing as my installation now works.

I'd be interested to hear how you go with it. Good luck!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.