BBPRESS Adding user automatically

Hey,
Just trying to get a workaround with this .
Currently have bbpress as a forum but the issue is when admin set

Auto role Automatically give registered visitors the Participant forum role
Bbpress automatically add that user whose viewing the site the participant role, which is fine with me, the issue is that if you have 100 blogs on a network where all 100 blogs have bbpress install, for every blog that the user visit he/she is automatically added to that blog, hence when user click on MY SITES link that is on the admin top nav-bar, all of those sites will be under the user MY SITES link. is there a way to make those sites not to be shown there and one other thing i noticed is that , if a user is login while there is no default role that is assigned , the forums page give "page not found" message but when a user is not login , the forums page is showing properly. I don't know if you following what i'm trying to say. :slight_smile:

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Thomas,

Thanks for the questions.

The my sites list will always show any sites that the user has been added too, so changing this would likely require customizing core code. We can use the Ultimate Branding plugin and it's admin bar module to edit the admin bar so it doesn't show the My Sites menu at all, then you can just add select sites to it if you like :slight_smile: or no sites.

if a user is login while there is no default role that is assigned , the forums page give "page not found" message but when a user is not login , the forums page is showing properly. I don't know if you following what i'm trying to say. :slight_smile:

So if they don't have any role at all or just no forum role? Could you grant support access to your site? Then we can have a closer look here :slight_smile:

You can grant support access via admin dashboard - WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.