bbPress Forum format incorrect

The forum layout is messed up ... I believe it should show a horizontal menu with counts but instead shows everything centered and the counts do not match the labels for that field ... can not upload an image :slight_frown: so can not show you what I mean.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks again for posting on the forums.

It looks like some CSS could fix it. Every theme renders the content differently.

Can you kindly share a link to the issue where I can see it live ?

You should be able to upload an image when you reply to this post by selecting "Add Screenshot/File" just below the post editor.

Please advise and then I would research on the CSS and try to suggest a code to fix it.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• canuckcrafts
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Anyone have any ideas here ... this occurs in a number of the Forum Screens so must be a global CSS setting but I am not sure where or how to fix it ... there must be some coding that presents the header in a nicer format ... more like the Profile screen with the counts beside the items ...

I may have caused this by trying a tweak to fix the way the images are showing in the Activity Feed ... they are all lined up vertically which is very poor ... they should be showing in a nicely formatted grid.

I would have thought the coding for this sort of thing would be part of the module ... and it would display a nice professional look without having to make a bunch of CSS changes.

Allan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Allan,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay in response as I was away for a couple of days due to some family issues.

I am gonna need a closer access to your site so that I can checkout all the settings and make the plugin appear nicer on your site.

bbPress is not something which we have coded but it's a 3rd party product, however as you are a WPMU DEV member, we are here to help you with the CSS.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• canuckcrafts

Are you working on the site ... it is now generating a new error message.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aiartgro/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/template/rt-template-functions.php:1) in /home/aiartgro/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paid-memberships-pro/paid-memberships-pro.php on line 23

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/aiartgro/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/app/main/controllers/template/rt-template-functions.php:1) in /home/aiartgro/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paid-memberships-pro/paid-memberships-pro.php on line 23

Seems to be related to a Template so wondered if this is something you should be aware of.

Allan

• canuckcrafts

Problem above was resolved by an update from rtCamp ... as advised by email. I have sent the corrected ftp login details ... needed the domain after the user name.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in resolving this ... seems strange that no one else has reported this issue... at least no that I could find.

Allan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Allan,

Its fixed with the help of my colleague Patrick :slight_smile:

The issue is width property applied to list elements as follows:

.post-content ul li on line 126

The fix for bbPress forums in a child-theme /wp-content/themes/bp-community-child/_inc/css/child-style.css

#custom #bbpress-forums li.bbp-header, #custom #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body, #custom #bbpress-forums li.bbp-footer { width:100%; }
    #custom li.bbp-forum-info, #custom li.bbp-topic-title { width:55%; }
    #custom li.bbp-forum-topic-count, #custom li.bbp-topic-voice-count, #custom li.bbp-forum-reply-count, #custom li.bbp-topic-reply-count { width:10%; }
    #custom li.bbp-forum-freshness, #custom li.bbp-topic-freshness { width:22%; }

Just added the above CSS and its fixed !

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.