bbPress - how to split a post into two different topics?

Hi,
My question is about bbPress.
Someone poste a new topic, but his post is about two very different points.
This is this one:
http://creersonsite.net/forum/aide/contenu-de-page/

Basically :

Je voudrais dans une page « bonus » que j’ai créée pouvoir intégrer une série d’articles et de liens.
Est-ce faisable?

is point n°1.
And

De plus, avez-vous un tout ou une notice qui explique un peu l’emploi des jolis boutons situé au dessus de la fenêtre se saisie des pages:
B / link (ça j’ai compris) B quote del etc…

is point n°2.

So I'd like to split this post into 2 different topics.
Is this possible?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Arom,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If I understand correctly what you wish to achieve here, the only option would be to

1. Edit the post to cut second part of if and then post it as another replay to the same topic. It would be better to do this via WP dashboard rather than via front-end bbPress because you could then - as an admin - set author for that new replay to be the same as it was for an original one

2. Then use "Split" admin link on that new replay (via bbPress front-end) to split topic into two separate topics.

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Arom,

There's no option in bbPress to directly link the original thread but you can simply add it in content of your new topic.
    I don't think there's a better way when splitting original topic.

If you want to split the thread from specific comment only there's Split option next to other admin options when viewing the comment.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.