bbPress replies not showing

Hi : Recently installed bbPress, but replies not showing :slight_frown:
All site plugins have been updated - no updates pending - any ideas?

Access active until 10:49pm in 5 days
Please Advise...

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello VirtualArtists,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

This is an issue that's usually caused by the theme. I can see that you are using Twenty Fifteen child theme created with OneClick Child Theme plugin so could you please start with switching your site temporarily to a regular Twenty Fifteen theme to check if these replies show up?

If not, please run a full plugin conflict test as described on a flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll the page down a bit):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

This should reveal what is causing the issue and knowing that I would work on a solution for you.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• VirtualArtists
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi : We cloned to stage, and set the main theme to 2015 Theme. After this change, bbPress works, and all replies are displayed. However all of our UI enhancements for the rest of our site have been lost.

How can our main site use our current modified child them, but still set bbPress to use 2015 theme?
    Please Advise...

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello VirtualArtist!

Thank you for testing that and letting me know.

The UI enhancements are most likely gone because they were implemented withing the child-theme that you are using on main site. Is that right?

As we already know that the child theme is the main culprit here, I'd be more than happy to test it. Could you please .zip your child theme (the one that you were using on your live site), upload it to any file storage site (such as e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive) and share a download link to it here?

I would then download the theme, install it on my site and test and hopefully I'd be able to tweak it or find another solution so you could keep it with all your enhancements and get bbPress working.

Best regards,
    Adam

• VirtualArtists
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi : Yes the main site uses the custom child theme, which has been modified for more than a year. Not practical to lose all that work because of a conflict with bbPress. Too bad there is no way to force bbPress to use a different theme than the main site :slight_frown:

We are unsure how to trace and find the bug in this theme.
    We have zipped the custom child theme folder. To keep this info private, please login to our site, and check the Support Access private message box for the download URL.

Access active until 10:49pm in 4 days...

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi VirtualArtists,

Issue seems to be related to your search filter inside child theme, to be more specific this code snippet in functions.php on line 91:

function SearchFilter($query)
    {
       if ($query->is_search)
       {
         $query->set('post_type', 'post');
       }
       return $query;
    }
    add_filter('pre_get_posts','SearchFilter');

If we exclude it from bbPress pages that should do the trick, so try replacing that code with this one and see if that does the trick for you:

function SearchFilter($query)
    {
       if ($query->is_search && !is_bbpress() )
       {
         $query->set('post_type', 'post');
       }
       return $query;
    }
    add_filter('pre_get_posts','SearchFilter');

Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.