bbpress settings on MU Install

I wonder if any members can assist me - I am running buddypress on my main Install but buddy only runs on the main site so all my other sites are not functioning properly - I have now managed to get bbpress working on a standalone on my sub site but cant get the following pages to display the overall network activity content etc

Activity
Members
Groups

Will I need to recreate all the groups as bbpress groups and export all content ? is this possible ?

Will Buddy allow me to register, copy or move all my users on the main site onto a sub blog ?
Soz to be a pain

Thanks Al

• Timothy Bowers

Hey Alan.

I have now managed to get bbpress working on a standalone on my sub site

So this is not a Multisite right?

If so then:

Will Buddy allow me to register, copy or move all my users on the main site onto a sub blog ?
    Soz to be a pain

Is not possible.

If bbPress was installed on a subblog of a network site (i.e. not a standalone install) then accounts will work on all sites within that network.

I am running buddypress on my main Install but buddy only runs on the main site so all my other sites are not functioning properly

How are they not running properly? How is BuddyPress affecting your install?

BuddyPress can be run on sub sites. But they share the same data, i.e. those subsites are not independent from the main install. You can pop this into your wp-config.php file:

define ( ‘BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG’, true );

http://codex.buddypress.org/bp_enable_multiblog/

The issue is that you would need BuddyPress themes installed on all sites for it work right there.

For pages in BuddyPress then:

Admin --> Network Admin --> BuddyPress --> Pages

Then ensure they are all created and assigned.

Let me know how you get on.

Take care.

• shineadmin

Hi Timothy

yes its a multisite network but only the main site was showing features and pages for buddypress - I will forward this to my host -

Re: how is effecting my MU install total nightmare to be honest but a lot of my features dissapear when i just have multisite running - I will retry it perhaps it was just a bug.

Taking down main site later today and going to restart each plugin one by one and fully test to i find the error !

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.