bbPress (Twenty Ten) 1.2 by WordPress and bbPress teams remoival from Appearence

Hi,

bbPress (Twenty Ten) 1.2 by WordPress and bbPress teams

This theme is not enabled, but persists in my users >Dashboard>Appearence>Themes>.

It is apparently like a child theme of Twenty Ten which is not Network enabled and is properly not listed under Dashboard>Appearence>Themes>.

I tried to delete the bbPress theme, but it never it went away. When I delete the Twenty Ten theme then there is an error msg saying that the bbPress theme needs the Twenty Ten theme installed.

BTW, it makes no difference using Pro Sites to list the bbPress and Twenty Ten theme access to NONE.

I do not wish to provide BP/bbPress themes users. My impression is that bbPress themes are downgraded anyhow and should not be used.

How do I get rid of this theme?

Larry

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry,

I tried to delete the bbPress theme, but it never it went away. When I delete the Twenty Ten theme then there is an error msg saying that the bbPress theme needs the Twenty Ten theme installed.

Are you running Buddy Press theme yourself?

If not FTP into your server and delete the entire folder and any related folders to the offending theme(s).

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tishimself,

Does it not show in your hosting error logs?

I may have a solution for you to easily figure out where that 404 is coming from - have you tried the SEO Ultimate plugin?

That could definitely do the job for you - I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Please let us know if this does not resolve your problem by reopening this ticket below marking it as not resolved. Also please indicate if there are any new symptoms or errors.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Larry :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Does this plugin support SEOmoz? Can it be used in conjunction with Infinite SEO?

Yes to both, I use Infinite SEO primarily for the site maps.

Is there a way I can see this 404 error? URL please?

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

The reason I have not made much progress is that there is not much to see but what I have provided. My website URL is listed above. I can't give you the URL that is trying to access this missing page. I can't locate it other than to say that the 404 cropped up when I deleted the TwentyTen bbPress theme from the plugins folder. So my solution was to put it back.

So today I added back in the TwentyTen bbPress theme to get rid of the error. But in so doing, I gained back a theme which supports the bbPress 2.0.2 plugin for comparison testing with the Network Theme. (For example, neither allows me to create a subforum that does not generate a link to that subforum that 404's. So I have given up with bbPress 2 subforums for now, but I know it is not a Network theme issue.)

It would be nice if the WPMU themes also provided bbPress page templates like TwentyTen bbPress theme.

Now if I could only figure out how to use native BuddyPress 1.5.x forums. :slight_smile:

Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.