BD Daily Translation

Hello all,

I just installed BP Daily, and ow im translating the default.po /.mo files to a pt_BR.po/mo file.

the question is, where do I set the language to use pt_BR?

in Super admin >> Option and Settings >> Options , they already have the “portuguese”language selected, but still not working,.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@rigonatti: You have to put the language files in library/languages and also activate the language function in functions.php:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// load text domain

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Uncomment this to test your localization, make sure to enter the right language code.

//function test_localization( $locale ) {

//return "my_MY";

//}

//add_filter('locale','test_localization');

if( function_exists( 'load_theme_textdomain' ) ) {

load_theme_textdomain(TEMPLATE_DOMAIN, DEVLIB . '/languages/');

}

• rigonatti
    • Flash Drive

Thats disaponting. :slight_frown:

I have uncommented and added pt_BR as follow

function test_localization( $locale ) {

return “pt_BR”;

}

add_filter(‘locale’,’test_localization’:wink:;

if( function_exists( ‘load_theme_textdomain’ ) ) {

load_theme_textdomain(TEMPLATE_DOMAIN, DEVLIB . ‘/languages/’:wink:;

}

Inside /languages I have a full translated .po and .mo file.

Unfortunately, the theme still showing everything in english :slight_frown:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya rigonatti,

Just wanted to let ya know that Tammie’s out as it’s a banker’s holiday in the UK. She should be back to help ya with this by Tues or Wed. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, if anyone else has a suggestion here, I’m sure it’d be appreciated! Thanks! :smiley:

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

“Help and support” means that only the developer of theme or plugin can help you?

Not at all! I just saw that Tammie had been assisting you in this already and figured you were expecting a response from her.

I must confess my ignorance when it comes to theme localization so I’m no help here. Thus, I asked for others to chime in.

Thanks!

• locolacolina
    • New Recruit

Hello

I have the same problem rigonatti partner. I es_ES language works starting default.po file.

I removed the function.php file comments, and I uploaded the file directory es_ES.mo languages.

function test_localization( $locale ) {

return “es_ES”;

}

add_filter(‘locale’,’test_localization’:wink:;

if( function_exists( ‘load_theme_textdomain’ ) ) {

load_theme_textdomain(‘bp-community’, TEMPLATEPATH . ‘/languages/’:wink:;

}

I’m doing wrong?

Greetings

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

@locolacolina:

Welcome to the forums.

if( function_exists( 'load_theme_textdomain' ) ) {
    load_theme_textdomain('bp-community', TEMPLATEPATH . '/languages/');
    }

This thread is about the Daily theme could you please start a new thread for a new topic please as it gets really confusing as not all themes are the same.

If in your new thread you can confirm what your theme is, your set up and also a link to your site. Then we can get you the support you deserve rather than having to ask you questions and make things long winded for you – hope that is cool.

I am closing this topic only because it’s dealt with an unrelated and we’ll deal with yours in the new topic you will post.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.