Beaver Builder got deleted when trying to update it from the hub

This morning I press the green update everything button. 12 out of 14 updates were successful. An update that was not successful was norton plumbing.
So, I looked on the website and builder beaver the page builder I use had completely vanished.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey there Will !

I'm terribly sorry to hear about the inconvenience that you've experienced. There's nothing in the Hub that should cause a symptom like this to happen. To delete a plugin from your site requires going into the plugin list, one site at a time, and clicking the gear next to the plugin you wish to delete. So, this is highly unusual.

I've spoken with our SysAdmins and our CTO. They've taken a look at your account and have provided the following explanation of how the "Update Everything" functionality works.

How the "Update Everything" functionality of the Hub works is our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin checks the native WordPress Update functionality to see if there are updates available. Then this is reported back to your Hub through our API. When you click the "Update Everything" button, this sends a signal back to your website to trigger the native WordPress Update functions. So, neither the Hub, nor the WPMU DEV Dashboard does the updates, but rather the native WordPress Update functionality.

Basically, there's no functionality in our "Update Everything" button to deactivate or delete plugins. It only sends a signal to your WordPress install to perform the updates.

In this situation, an error occurred that would have occurred whether you were to use our "Update Everything" button or log in to WordPress Admin and perform the updates manually on those sites.

What likely happened was there was either a conflict that arose during the update process which could have broken your Beaver Builder update (PHP out of memory, PHP Fatal Error). Also, there could have been a temporary network interruption which corrupted the Beaver Builder update.

In this scenario, would you be able to get in touch with your host and request them to check the server logs for the duration when the updates were running? That way, we'll be able to determine what exactly might have caused the issue.

Again, I'm terribly sorry you've experienced this issue on your site. But I'm afraid the error would have occurred whether you updated from the Hub or from your site directly.

I hope this clarifies things a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.