Been Trying to Get Help with Ultimate FB

Sorry for the repeat but I'm kinda stuck and haven't heard back in almost 36 hrs.

Have seen other posts about using UFB on multisite with same issue I have.

I want my "authors" to be able to configure the plugin with their fb info but it doesn't show in their admin panel.

Is this beyond the scope of the plugin?

Thanks

Tom

• aecnu

Greetings Tom,

Thank you for the additional input and digging in further I found that when network activated there is a check box that says specifically Do not allow per-blog settings and further states If you check this box, your users will NOT be able to make individual changes to plugin settings from now on.

However this is not the issue. After reading over your last post again the Author role is not supposed to have this privilege of modifying the Ultimate Facebook settings, only the admin of the site itself.

You are indeed doing or more accurate trying to do something that is not normally allowed by default.

Therefore you are going to need to adjust the user role(s) to allow for this which means a user role editor plugin of some sort like the User Role Editor plugin or perhaps the Advanced Access Manager plugin

That is the answer for sure. You are trying to do something that by default is not allowed, therefore the issue, and now you need to modify the role to allow this to be a privilege of the relative role.

Let us know how it goes and have a GREAT weekend in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• bevital

Hey Joe,

Thanks for your help. Both the User Role Editor and Advanced Access Manager give all or nothing access to the plugins. While this does solve the initial problem it creates a bunch of additional problems that I would like to try and avoid. Does WPMU have a process for suggesting or requesting a plugin? What I'm looking for is one that grants admin access to a specific plugin (not all plugins). Granting total access to all plugins is sort of like someone giving a kid a pack of matches before leaving for work and telling him, "you can hold on to these while I'm gone but don't light any". If they expect their house to be there when they get home, they're living in a dream world.

Thanks again,

Tom

• aecnu

Greetings Tom,

Thanks for bringing this up with your additional clarification above, it certainly sounds like a useful plugin.

Unfortunately it's not currently available - but we'd love to put it into consideration for future development which might take a bit longer than useful.

Alternatively, you could see if there is a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.