Before installing the plugin on my clients website

Before installing the plugin on my clients website I installed it locally. I showed the following errors after installing it.

WordPress database error: [Table 'dev.wp40_enewsletter_members' doesn't exist]
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wp40_enewsletter_members A GROUP BY A.member_id

WordPress database error: [Table 'dev.wp40_enewsletter_members' doesn't exist]
SELECT A.* FROM wp40_enewsletter_members A GROUP BY A.member_id

I then tried to upgrade the existing plugin on another dev site ( the current version was 2.6.2 ) and I found vertical scrollbars on the report and members page.

I have a normal laptop screen ( 1366 x 768 ), and other plugins never show vertical scrollbars, neither did the previous version ( 2.6.2 ). Any ideas on how to prevent the scrollbars from showing up?

• tijmensmit

Access to the dev site is IP restricted, because it contains a copy of the content on the live site I need to rule out Google or other search engines indexing it.

If you can mail your ip to info at tijmensmit.com then I will add your IP to the access list and enable support access through the plugin.

I have tried to disable all the plugins and switched to a default wp theme, but the scrollbar remains. I also tried to upload all the files again from the newsletter plugin, but that also made no difference.

I did do a clean install of WP 4.0 on another domain, and then installed the newsletter plugin ( no other plugins where active ). And I still got the same db errors ( I had to enable wp debug before they showed ). There was no vertical scrollbar though.

WordPress database error: [Table *_sideprojects.wp40_enewsletter_members doesn't exist]
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wp40_enewsletter_members A GROUP BY A.member_id

WordPress database error: [Table *_sideprojects.wp40_enewsletter_members doesn't exist]
    SELECT A.* FROM wp40_enewsletter_members A GROUP BY A.member_id

Edit: So I just copy/pasted the html ( <tr> ) rows from the dev site where it breaks to the other dev site where it looked fine. But the reason it looked fine was because the members table was empty.

Once I opened Firebug and pasted the <tr> data with the member details in the table the vertical scrollbar showed up.

There are only three rows in the table, but they somehow break it. Do you want the html for the three <tr> rows? Then you can insert them in the <tbody> of the member table with Firebug as well and you will probably see a vertical scrollbar as well.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @tijmensmit, hope you're having a great weekend! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the additional information, that helps out quite a bit here! Instead of enabling Support Access, could you please send in the following:

- In the subject field add "Attn: Michael Bissett”
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details
    - Include FTP log-in details (in case deeper debugging is necessary)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Once you've sent that in, I can send over my IP address, so we can have a closer look at things here. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @tijmensmit! :slight_smile:

In regards to that scrollbar issue, you can resolve that by inserting the following code into your site as an mu-plugin (more on how to create one of those here):

<?php

add_action('admin_head', 'my_custom_enewsletter_admin_style');

function my_custom_enewsletter_admin_style() {
      echo '<style>
    	.wp-admin .members-count {
    		min-width: 100px;
    	}

.wp-admin .members-groups {
    		min-width: 150px;
    	}
      </style>';
    }

I did this on the test site that was protected via password, you can see this if you go to eNewsletter -> Members. :slight_smile:

In regards to the issue with the database tables, could you try uninstalling & reinstalling the plugin on one of your affected dev sites? We released an update on the 3rd that should take care of that. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.