Being logged out when using IE version 11.0 running on Win8.1

Hello

On IE version 11.0 running on Win8.1 I can successfully log in to http://www.performanceconsultants.com/wp-login.php. I land on my Account page http://www.performanceconsultants.com/account-2 and can see the membership I have signed up to (we're using Membership 2 Pro). The black admin bar appears at the top of the page with 'How are you, [my.username]?' showing. As soon as I move to any page on the site (protected or otherwise) the black admin bar disappears and protected content is restricted. So, I have clearly been logged out.

The trouble in not occurring on Chrome version 43.0 running on Win8.1. The black admin bar remains and protected content is available.

I have granted Support Staff Access in case needed.

Thank you for your help.

Frances

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Frances,

At the moment I can't test it on IE Windows, but I see similar issue on Firefox. I also noticed that there is Internal server error 500. The 500—Internal Server Error occurs when the Web server (running the Web Site) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client for access to the requested URL.

Could you please check whether the answers provided on the following pages help you to fix this issue?

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/500servererror.htm

Also can you please try enabling WP_DEBUG mode? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.
    Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Let me know what additional errors if any you are getting when you face this issue so that I can troubleshoot it.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• PCI Team

Hello Kasia

Many thanks for taking a look. The odd thing is that since switching my computer off and on again (it installed updates when I did so), the problem in IE isn't happening. I logged in fine and have clicked on a few pages. The black admin bar stays and the protected content is visible.

I haven't seen any Internal Server Error since I put the site live on Friday (then only the home page loaded and all others failed with just Internal Server Error message showing. It turned out to be a problem with the Wordpress block code since the RewriteBase was pointing to the Wordpress installation directory instead of the main domain). I assume that when you say you're seeing the error that the page fails to load, or is it something you see in f12 developer tools? Without my seeing the error, I'm not going to be able to know if I've fixed it.

I enabled debug mode and the only lines in the debug.log are:

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-member.php on line 617
    PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-member.php on line 617

Many thanks

Frances

• PCI Team

And then these notices repeated for a while before returning the notice above:

[16-Jul-2015 21:39:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: type_before_finishes in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 2332
    [16-Jul-2015 21:39:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 2334
    [16-Jul-2015 21:39:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: type_after_finishes in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 2346
    [16-Jul-2015 21:39:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 2348
    [16-Jul-2015 21:39:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: type_before_payment_due in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 2361
    [16-Jul-2015 21:39:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 2363
    [16-Jul-2015 21:39:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: type_after_payment_due in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 2379
    [16-Jul-2015 21:39:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/class-ms-model-relationship.php on line 2381

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.