Best Email Hosting Solution For Clients [Mapped Domains]

Hi there,

I'm building a pay to blog network and one of the features I want to offer is domain based emails (ie. name@domain.com). What is the best way to achieve this with mapped domains and what do I need access to in order to set it up?

I'm hoping for a cost effective solution. I use Google apps for my own personal domain based email hosting; however, I was wondering if there are cheaper alternatives?

Look forward to a reply!

Cheers

• PC

Hey there TyePo,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

There can be a lot of options for that.

1: You can use eNom reseller functionality in your site where you can sell domains names directly to your users from within your domain mapping dashboard. Apart from that you can sell other services (outside Domain mapping, directly on your reseller portal)

2: You can get a reseller account at a regular domain reseller like ResellerClub and then ask your users to buy domains from that site. I think they offer 2 free emails per domain and for more, you can get email hosting.

Lets see if others come up with more suggestions.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Tyler Postle

You can get a reseller account at a regular domain reseller like ResellerClub and then ask your users to buy domains from that site. I think they offer 2 free emails per domain and for more, you can get email hosting.

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! A couple free emails per domain would be perfect, then if they wanted more or specialized email hosting then I could sell that as an add-on and set it up for them since I have access to their domain information.

Does eNom offer emails with domains as well?

Which reseller do you think is best? I buy almost all my domains now from namecheap.com; however, that site doesn't seem to come up often in these discussions.

It is pretty cool that with eNom you can integrate it straight into your dashboard!

Thanks @PC - This is very helpful. Let me know if you have any other pointers/tips on this subject :slight_smile:

Cheers

• PC

Hey there TyePo,

Thanks for posting back.

Does eNom offer emails with domains as well?

I am not too sure about that I am afraid. I have never used their reseller panel to be honest. But generally most registrars offer it.

Reseller can be any one. Just make sure that you do not have to give a lot of deposit or they do not take a lot of time to register domains and the support of course should be good.

I have used Reseller Club and heard good things about it as well. Again, make sure you compare them first.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.