Best email setup for new MU users

Hi,

I'm looking for the best setup for email I can get, so I decided to ask the users who are experienced already.

So here is my scenario I'd like to create. Open to suggestions.

1. Email Network Users about network updates and new plugins. I've already setup mass email sender. Alternatives with rich html editor?

2. Autoresponder system for new users. I would like to follow up with a series of emails to help their setup in their new site. With options of unsubscribe for the users.

3. A general newsletter setup that's unrelated to the 1st and 2nd option.

Problem I see is if they unsubscribe from 1 of the options how would I control it. I think it would get confusing.

Thank you for your help!
Happy Holidays.
Billy

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Billy

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

1. Email Network Users about network updates and new plugins. I've already setup mass email sender. Alternatives with rich html editor?

2. Autoresponder system for new users. I would like to follow up with a series of emails to help their setup in their new site. With options of unsubscribe for the users.

Users can't unsubscribe from this as it always takes the users from database.
    And about Autoresponder do you mean Automessage? Users can't unsubscribe from here too. As this email will be sent only once according to rule you set.

3. A general newsletter setup that's unrelated to the 1st and 2nd option.

Users can unsubscribe from here. And these users will get mail only once (two times) from above two plugins.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Billy
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi,

I'm fine with the mass mailer if I can get a rich html editor to work on it. Users do have an unsubscribe option here. (attached screen)

I guess I'm looking for the best plugins that will work together.

Yes, I do mean some kind of follow up email system.

Thank you! I'll explore a bit more.

Billy

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Users do have an unsubscribe option here.

Sorry for the confusion here, I meant that users doesn't have option "usual unsubscribe" option :slight_smile: In most of the multisites, super admin grant himself to access subsite dashboard, so super admin can change the settings any time. Though this is a solution, I agree.

About rich html editor, I have flagged the developer in your other thread, he should be there as soon he is online.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.