Best plugin for paid Webinars

Hi Guys, I am going to be running live training via paid webinars. I have course press installed but noticed that you talk about events as a solution of selling tickets etc. So question is does Events and CoursePro play well together? If not whats the best way to do this. Steve

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Steve ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Though there is no direct connection between CoursePress Pro and Events+, you should be able to host events on your site without any issue.

But integrating these two plugin are not possible currenlty as there isn't any default integration available for us to use. You could hire developer if you want to integrate these two plugins or you can also use our Job Portal here.

For Webinars, you could use third party plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-webinarsystem/
    http://wpwebinar.com/

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Steve
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks @milansavaliyaz. After some investigation it seems to me that CoursePro and events are fairly similar in the ability to schedule courses (or events). So by the looks of it I don't need Events I can just use CoursePro. Would you agree with that or am I off track. Steve

• Steve

Thanks @milansavaliyaz. I am obviously working through this and questions keep popping up so I hope you don't mind me asking them. If I was to use CoursePro for this, can we reformat the layout of all the courses. The reason I am asking this is, if there are 6 courses a week, that is a lot of courses. I noticed that even old courses are shown, where if I were using evens, then it is laid out better. Is that making sense?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Steve,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in.

Feel free to express any question you may have considering our products, we're here to help you with the best possible way! :slight_smile:

CoursePress comes along with some template parts so that you can use it with any theme you like, and also includes a generic CoursePress theme on its own. You should be able to see this theme under Appearance->Themes whenever CoursePress plugin is activated. This specific theme can also be extended/modified like a normal WP theme through a child-theme.

I didn't quite catch the last one... would you want to have "old courses" section or rather a course listing starting from latest to oldest course? Please advise! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Steve

Hi Dimitris and Milan , thanks for this and sorry for the time it has taken for me to reply.

Yes I am fully aware of the theme acossiated with CoursePress and am using it.

Where I am getting stuck is, I have two versions of courses, an online video based Course (self study), and effectively the same course but facilitator led. I am ok with the online video based courses, I have that sorted. I am struggling to identify how to do the facilitator led courses. Given I am using coursepress I would ideally like to use coursepress to handle the facilitator led courses but struggling to figure out how I do that.

I was thinking about using a "webinar" format and trying to embed that into the facilitator led course which would mean it's a live course with students able to ask questions etc. However implementing is a lot harder than coming up with the concept.

It doesn't have to be a "webinar" style but I must be able to have a live video, sound and be able to present a presentation as well (hence thinking of a webinar concept).

That's what led me to Events+. I was sort of thinking that I could use that to run the facilitator based courses because it integrates with MarketPress which I like as it can handle the gst element.

I hope all that makes sense. I suppose I am looking for guidance and any direction would be accepted. Steve

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Steve,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

CoursePress cannot provide a 'webinar' type (live video streaming of any type) as you may have already realised. This could only be done if you use another 3rd-party service for your webinars and embed it in a Course Unit. You can use the "text" element and switch to "text" editor in order to use any HTML tag, so that you can insert any code necessary from the webinar service.
    I believe that the use of Events+ would be superfluous in your case, unless I miss some point of your business model here.

Kind regards,
    Dimitris :slight_smile:

• Steve

Hi Dimitris, thank you for your reply.

Yes I am aware that CoursePress cannot provide the "live streaming" element, and I am exploring what is available to embed into the html element to handle this dream of mine, but as I mentioned before, that is proving to be a lot harder than I thought.

Thank you for verifying my thoughts around Events+. I now understand it is superfluous. I just need to find a 3rd party provider to embed a webinar. There are some great providers but none that you can embed.

Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanks Steve

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Steve!

I guess I was a bit "too fast" with that. I focused on "embedding options" instead of the core issue which is "live sessions". I'm sorry about that.

That being said, I think the most advanced solution of that kind dedicated to WordPress would be the "Webinar System" plugin that's been already mentioned. I reviewed its documentation briefly and it may indeed be difficult to integrate it with CoursePress courses though.

I think however that there may be other way around. There's a plugin called "VideoWhisper Live Stream" that helps you easily manage and handle multiple live video streams from sources such as Twitch TV, Justin TV, Ustream, Mogulus, LiveStream, RealLifeCam, stickam and I think YouTube as well. Take a look here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/videowhisper-live-streaming-integration/

Another (simpler but that may actually be an advantage) solution is this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/stream-video-player/

Finally, you should be able to simply put an embed code of a live streaming platform of your choice (e.g. YouTube let's you run live transmissions) directly to the unit. This would give you a way to run live video classes. Personally, I'd give YouTube a try. Users are familiar with them so there's no confusion over how to use the player etc and also the live transmission link can be embedded to the unit the same way as any standard YouTube video - with just a link. That makes it easier.

Then, you could use our WP Chat plugin to provide "live chat" experience during the "live session" and that would pretty much provide a simplified webinar-kind of experience.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.