Best possible plugins for membership marketplace site

Hello folks,

I'm kinda confuse on which plugins to go for (e.g. Membership, directory) and appreciate if anyone can advice me.

I need to create a membership site with types as follow:
**Free - users will get a member page (with custom data) and will be listed on our front page

**Premium - users will be able upload x number of products, shopping cart, add announcement on their member page. Plus all features of free type.

Understand that I can use pro sites + marketpress to form a marketplace, but wondering if maintaining multi sites will have any performance issues. I'm also thinking if I should go for woocommerce + products vendor.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Jeremiah,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your questions. :slight_smile:

The free user, they'd get one directory listing as such and that'll be listed on the front-page correct?

The e-commerce side, you are correct if you was going to use MarketPress, you'd need to use a multisite install and then each user gets there own sub store. There shouldn't be a performance issue, but when you start getting into the late hundreds of sites you would need to look at a VPS. :slight_smile:

It's worth noting that Membership and Pro sites aren't compatible, if Pro sites is used, Membership can only be used on the sub sites and not the main site.

Membership by default doesn't include any custom member page/public page, rather it's more for protecting content.

It still could be used, but you might need a additional member directory plugin, or use something like this http://codecanyon.net/item/userpro-user-profiles-with-social-login/5958681 :slight_smile:

If you went with Multisite you could use Pro sites if you wanted to charge for the site or have a free level with the possibility for a user to upgrade.

Another option for limiting post creation including custom post types, is this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/bainternet-posts-creation-limits/ :slight_smile:

We're here to help. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• rigourous

Hey jack,

Appreciate your quick reply.

I have been looking on userPro (as you suggested) and user profiles made easy plugin. Can you advice on which to go for in term of user friendliness besides its functionalities of creating custom user data?

Also, I may want to avoid multi sites as I find it kinda redundant to get every user a sub site while their main objective may only want to be listed and maintain their member profile page. Can you also advice me more on this?
    I understand that opt to keep a single site to implement marketplace may means I need to go for other plugins (Maybe woocommerce + its ext product vendors). Do you have any good plugins in mind?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Jeremiah,

Hope you're well today. :slight_smile:

I've used userPro before and found it to be quite good, and I also found user profiles made easy quite good.

They both have similar features and I found them both quite user friendly :slight_smile:

I've taken a look at WooCommerce's product vendors and it seems that it uses a PayPal mass pay file for payments, rather than the user getting the payment directly like MarketPress.

This means you'd be handling all payments, but it would keep it to a single site, that's what I found here http://docs.woothemes.com/document/product-vendors/ :slight_smile:

Which also means you'd most likely be responsible for refunds, and if you've already paid the vendor there may be some issues there if for example some chargebacks or disputes the payment in PayPal.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.