Best practice for using the Directory plugin

I'd like to use it in my main blog but I'm worried since my MS is already so plugin heavy, it might just render it to a snail's pace. The other option would be in another directory with a separate WP install...but I sure would like the SEO of the directory to bring people to the main idea of joining up for a site. Can anyone tell me if I have a lot of directory categories, will basically kill my MS site speed wise? Thanks.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Mick,

Thanks for your post. The speed of website depends on your hosting and whether its optimized for WordPress or not.

If you are using a good host with a lot of php memory, plugins would not slow it down.

So you can set it up as you wish, in the site as a plugin or you can create a subsite on your multistie and run the directory on that subsite and that should work fine anyways.

I would not suggest running it on a separate site unless you are fine managing it 2 different installs. Multisite is the best thing to go with if you want to keep things simple.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Mick
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Ok thanks a lot! And do you think I could use S2 member (i got that before I joined MS) to use for both MS signup and directory? Could I allow one person to be a member of both? I know your plugin 'Membership' would be better but..I had the other (pro) before. Cheers!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.