Best Practices.. getting the most from Multisite..

Kinda new to multisite but plan on using it extensively in the coming years... Looking for best practises for setup... Here is the business scenario...
We currently run a wellness company called Clearly Conscious Energetics. We are expanding to include;
Community Site
Finanical Services Site
MyPersonal Frequency site(s) .ca, .com.org etc.
Various Technology Sites (specific to products we carry)
Happy Zapper site (.ca,.com)
Numerous Practitioner sites (various domain names)
I have chosen Word Press multisite hosted on siteground.com and with you guys help have been able to get the domain mapping working correctly....mostly. lol
So here is my question.... due to the number of domain names (38+) that I want to map to the various sub sites, is it best to create the "main site(clearly conscious.ca)" as a site located in subdirectory (so I can domain map easliy to it) and use the TOP URL (mycw.ca) to be very generic as remapping domains to it are more problematic ?

Be happy to provide more information... if that helps get me set in yeh correct direction...

Thanks in advance...

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Bill,

So here is my question.... due to the number of domain names (38+) that I want to map to the various sub sites, is it best to create the "main site(clearly conscious.ca)" as a site located in subdirectory (so I can domain map easliy to it) and use the TOP URL (mycw.ca) to be very generic as remapping domains to it are more problematic ?

I'm very sorry but I'm not quite understanding your question (. You cannot map main site - only subsites can have mapped domains.
    Your subsite can't be your main site also.
    Mapping process is the same for subdomains and subfolders subsites.
    But I'm not sure if this is what you want to do - could you provide more information?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.