Best way to add subscribers to main site

A while back I setup a dashboard blog for users to be added to with Buddypress.

Now setting up my membership site with the membership plugin, I see that out of my sites 2500+ members, there are only 372 added as subscribers on the main site, which means their is only 372 that I can add to a membership level.

What is the best way to get all my members set to subscribers on my main site?

I can delete the dashboard blog for starter (about 80 users there now), but then still missing the others?

Also if i delete the dashboard blog, where do the users of that blog go?

Wordpress MU use to give the option to move them to a certain blog, but I see that wp 3.0 doesnt do that.

Any ideas here?

Thanks,

George

• georgef
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Update: Spoke to Barry in the live chat and here is the solution that worked for anyone trying to do the same thing:

Check your wp_usermeta table to see if your system is using wp_capabilities or wp_1_capabilities as the key for your main blog

If you find wp_1_capabilities, run the MySQL code in the wp_usermeta table. If you find wp_capabilities, then adjust the two wp_1_capabilities options below.

insert into wp_usermeta (user_id, meta_key, meta_value)
    SELECT DISTINCT user_id, 'wp_1_capabilities', 'a:1:{s:10:"subscriber";s:1:"1";}' FROM
    wp_usermeta WHERE user_id NOT IN (SELECT user_id FROM wp_usermeta WHERE meta_key = 'wp_1_capabilities');

Worked perfectly!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.