Best way to approach this issue?

I have reviewed the plugins and I don’t think there is one that does this.

What I am trying to do, is for every site in my network, capture some basic information (beyond site titke & tag line) e.g. an image that represents the site, a short description, and a few other basic fields that help describe the site.

The idea being that I can create an informative index of sites on my top level site.

One approach I have considered is to create a custom post type to collect this info, but in a way that is massive overkill as that would allow multiple descriptions per site.

An alternative is to use a ‘forms’ package (I have very little experience of wordpress forms packages).

Of course, I could go down the route of custom coding that data input and create my own table etc. but that sort of starts to defeat my purpose of using WP in the first place.

So may questions are

1) is there an existing plug-in that is close to my requirements (that perhaps I could tweak) as I said I looked but didn’t see

2) if not, is the ‘forms’ package approach one you’d take, and if so which forms package?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ROIBOT,

What I am trying to do, is for every site in my network, capture some basic information (beyond site titke & tag line) e.g. an image that represents the site, a short description, and a few other basic fields that help describe the site.

The idea being that I can create an informative index of sites on my top level site.

This sounds like something for Networks theme which is a front page theme for displaying network-wide content on WordPress or BuddyPress

1) is there an existing plug-in that is close to my requirements (that perhaps I could tweak) as I said I looked but didn’t see

Network theme above but you would need to code in some of the features that you described, namely a site description.

You may also want to consider using Custom Press plugin to produce custom fields etc.

2) if not, is the ‘forms’ package approach one you’d take, and if so which forms package?

Gravity Forms is the only forms package I am aware of that is extremely flexible.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.