Best Way To Configure and Install Multisite, Multi-Domain, Domain Mapping

After trying a few installations of multi-domains, multisite, domain mapping, I’m really confused as to how these all work/what’s the best way to use them.

I would therefore would like to start from scratch and need help figuring out how to best set up my sites…

Workflow

The idea here is to have a site (maindomain.com) where people signup and create blogs on different domains (other.com,other2.com,other3.com, etc.)

Currently I have wordpress installed on all domains (maindomain.com, other.com, other2.com,etc.)

That being said…

It is my understanding that with multi-domain plugin I can have clients create subsites on my different domains (other.com, other2.com,etc.).

That being said, should my other domains be addon domains, parked domains, or should they have their own cPanel?

Do I need to install the plugin “Networks for WordPress” in order to keep my current wordpres installations on my ‘other’ domains?

What I’ve already tried

I initially had my other domains as addon domains and was able to create subsites. Problem as domain mapping wasn’t working and I was getting DNS error messages although I was still able to create subsites across all sites.

I then switched to parked domains (fresh install) and I could create subsites, but I couldn’t access their dashboards even as a super admin. When I tried to access the parked domains (e.g. other.com) I would get redirected to either maindomain.com or to the register page rather than seeing the content of the site.

I’m lost :disappointed:

I will appreciate any guidance

Thank you