Best way to get email subscribers from competition?

Hi there, I run a large community of around 50,000 facebook users and I'm setting up a portal on my website to run sponsored competitions.

I wish to use these competitions to get the most out of user interaction (emails to add to my aWeber mailing list and social sharing etc) but am unsure about the best practice. I don't really have the money to spend on the Wildfire app etc.

I like the "pay with a like" plugin, I may use this to reveal the entry form. In particular though I'm looking for a useful plugin or method of gaining new subscribers.

I was thinking about just having the mailing list signup as the method of entry but that would mean anybody already signed up wouldn't be able to enter.

Do you have any suggestions?

PS. Love the new site, far more user friendly :slight_smile:

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hello davejmason

Pay with a like is a great option!

Perhaps you can use our Pop Up plugin to encourage email signup...

A note saying something like "sign up to vote!"

Requiring folks to sign up their email for anything is touchy, as many might get put off at the idea. If you say something like the above, then folks may think they have to signup but those who don't want to are not forced. Best of both worlds?

In the end it's really up to you.

You can always use something like Contact Form 7 and require an email, yet give users a checkbox to opt out of mailings.

If you have a bit to spend, Gravity Forms does a nice job as well.

Best,

Kimberly

• davejmason
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the great reply Kimberly, that gave me some good food for thought. I've progressed more now but will post my next question in a separate topic to keep things clean. You can mark this topic as complete :slight_smile:

D

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.